Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunting with friends or family >

Hunting with friends or family

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting with friends or family

Old 06-20-2008, 10:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Hunting with friends or family

With all the thread popping up about greed, and other similar questions, it got me thinking.

I personally have SOO much fun hunting with friends, successful or not. It's just one of those things I don't experience too much. The last few years I've become more independent when it comes to hunting. Which is OK, but I enjoy hunting with friends a whole lot more, just because I don't get to experience it as much. I believe I would rather hunt with friends for a few days and kill a doe, than kill a buck by myself.

The most fun I've had in my hunting career was this year when a bunch of family went on an Oak Ridge hunt. We hunted 2 days hard, went out to eat at night,stayedat a hotel, and it was literally a blast.

Do any of you guys share the same opinions?
Old 06-20-2008, 10:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hunting with friends or family

I absolutely love hunting with my family! (My dad and my brother) My mom hasn't hunted now for a few years but I hope to get the bow back in her hand once again. My mother isn't a rookie by no means. This lady has shot 5 bear and about 10 deer all with a bow.

I have one very close friend thats a hunting buddy of mine. I wish there was a couple more but I just don't hunt with anyone. I'm kinda picky who I choose as friends and who I choose as hunting buddy's. Besides I tend to be a loner when it comes to hunting.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well last year in October i went down tomy best friendsgrandmas in buffalo county wisconsin and i had the best time of my life... I hunted with him one morning and we only seen 1 buck but let it walk, then that night i hunted with his dad ( he was on Minnesota Bound) and we never seen anything but it was a time i'll never forget... No one got me into hunting when i first started, my dad hunts bu the wouldnt take me or anything so i had to buy my own bow and gun by myself... Alot of the things i had to learn from everybody on here, thanks alot guys.. Also the next night i was down there i seen my first 190 inch buck of my life so that meant alot to me also...
Old 06-21-2008, 10:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

During the youth gun season, me and a bunch of my friends and family go out and do deer drives all over the township. It really is a blast. We used to all go down to Green county and hunt some public land, but the deer were killed of really bad a few years ago and the hunting is not as good.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:03 AM

I hunt with friends and family all the time and love it! Now, I don't mean in the same stand. I mean from the same camp.
Rarely are we in the same area of the propety, though I often set up withineye shot of my dad when we're hunting together. We enjoy seeing eachothers work at the moment of truth .

Old 06-21-2008, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

My best times are with my brother,nephew and cousin.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am gonna have some freinds hunting with me this year! I look forward to it. It's gonna be a great time shooting deer,drinking beer and eating by the firepit!I am sure the stories will be a flying!
Old 06-21-2008, 01:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thats what its all about in my book, our camp is Family and Friends that are Family! Nothing like a good campfire......Good times, good times!!
Old 06-21-2008, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

The family bow camp is what got me hooked on hunting in the first place. Now it's just me, my dad, and my cousin but we have a blast hunting together. I pass on the chance to hunt better properties alone just to hunt with my family.
Old 06-21-2008, 02:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

i love hunting with family and friends, normally dont sit in the same stand as them, but were in the same stretch of woods.

Quick Reply: Hunting with friends or family

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.