Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Do you plan to ever shoot a monster buck? >

Do you plan to ever shoot a monster buck?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Do you plan to ever shoot a monster buck?

Old 02-12-2008, 09:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Do you plan to ever shoot a monster buck?

So I'm curious how many hunters plan/expect to shoot a monster buck in their lifetime.Let's say monsters begin at...190"+ typical, or 240"+ non-typical?

Also where do you think the next world record typical/ non-typical will come out of and when? How soon?

Old 02-12-2008, 09:56 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Do you plan to ever shoot a monster buck?

Well, I hunt where the big one's are so anything can happen. I'll say Northern Missouri, we saw a 160+(Guess) and if it makes it. Who knows might be a Record buck?

I killed a 150 in 87 and a 145+ in 2007 maybe by 2027 it will score 187 3/8[8D][8D]
Old 02-13-2008, 12:12 AM
Typical Buck

expect the unexpected? I dont know...sounded good.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:19 AM

Ohio will be the record holder... not only because of me being a homer but the Beatty and Jerman bucks come to mind I don't ever plan to shoot a monster buck unless i go on a canned hunt which is highely unlikely. Would i like to, of course, who wouldn't but i'd be happy with a nice 10-12 point to go on the wall, i'm not picky. I wanted to put my first deer on the wall, it was a doe but i figured i'd be laughed at for mounting a doe.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I do not believe that I will kill a 190 class deer but we have killed a Booner at my club in Virginia in the past 10 years so you never know. I am very happy with a 140 or better.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:38 AM

they dont get that big from being dumb. either gonna arrow him before rifle or shoot himon the opening day of rifle.
noturnal deer are the hardest to kill.
there was a 21 pointer living in my back yard. i bowhunted him so hard. found out someone hit him with a car by the time i got to where my dad seen it the head was already cut off.
i just hope to get lucky and try my hardest to find gooddeer sign and hunt the wind.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

i hope i kill one that big
Old 02-13-2008, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was watching this HUGE buck. I saw it a couple of times bow hunting, but never during gun. My neighbor shot it about 200 yards away from my stand on the property line. Went to the taxi to look at it, it scored 195" Man was that a kick in the nuts. But if I didnt shoot it, Im glad he did, cause all my other neighbors around me are A-holes.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't really care about killing a monster buck like 99.99% of other hunters dream about. I like killing good bucks, but i seriously doubt i will ever kill anything in the 130s in Florida. Especially running dogs
Old 02-13-2008, 12:33 PM
Typical Buck

I am satisfied if I get 1 or 2 does a year.. If a good un walks out I will shoot it thought.. Our neck of the woods a 130 would be just fine for me..

Quick Reply: Do you plan to ever shoot a monster buck?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.