Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

[Deleted]

Old 01-19-2002, 09:09 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-19-2002, 09:49 AM

Default RE: Overpriced Treestands. . .

Visitor,I have received their free video and I was very impressed with the looks of the stand and many hunters on here who have one say they are very comfortable.I do agree at least for me the price seems high but if I had the money to spend on another hunting item I would look into it.I guess alot of times it depends on what people can afford.
I have used a loc on lem tree stand for years now not the most comfortable stand in the world but it does the job for me anyway.
Old 01-19-2002, 11:54 AM

If you guys can make friends with some welders they can hook you up big time! I have had ladder stands built for $35 that are just like the $100+ stands. The guys that build stands for me are very nice. They know what they are doing and all they do is charge me just a little bit over the cost of the metal.
Old 01-19-2002, 08:00 PM

i have a century 130 amp mig welder. i build my own stands . cabellas has a penthouse stand i think its around $250 , i built one that is far better for around $75 . my roof is plywood with asphalt roofing , 3" thick cushion seat and many other things . i have built several of these. i also build feeders , four wheeler acces. , i dont want list them all . welding is a fun hobby , it can be an expensive thing to get into , but you can also recoupe your money by selling things. my machine has paid for itself and i am looking at another machine. i also build feeders if i can sell around 15 of them i will buy me a 220 mig . it is just a suggestion i enjoy it . good luck
Old 01-19-2002, 09:58 PM

8Ball & Rebel Sounds like a good thing to look into Thanks for the Imput.
Old 01-19-2002, 10:39 PM

If you are going to own a comfortable treestand I think they are worth their money. I own a Summit Python, which I think is a little costly but I think it was worth every penny. I think it will last a lifetime so I don't consider it costly if I look at it that way. It's kind of like driving a Yugo, they will get you where you want to go but do they give you the comfort you want? The Tree Lounge is a nice stand but I think they take too long to set up before climbing.
Old 01-20-2002, 07:54 PM

I think that most all of the treestands that are sold to day are way over priced.
Most have about $6.00 of materials and 15 min. labor.
Then sell for $200.00 And UP.

Hunting is nature.
It is our nature to hunt.
I'm not a hunting fanatic just a hunting addict.