Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Homemade Stands

Old 03-10-2008, 08:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Homemade Stands

the only problem i see with a TV antenna is
since there made to hold a antenna only surely there is not much weight cap. to them
Old 03-10-2008, 10:38 AM
Spike

The TV antennae in reference would be the self standing style with three of four poles connected every 12" or so with braces. I used to have one on the side of my house and would use it to get on the roof. They are quite strong and durable. After all, consider the force the wind exerts on the antennae during storms.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

they may hold the weight
sure they hold you to get to the roof but hold you for 10 to 12 hours or so

now i know there are some that will get the job done
but just seems like the throw a peice of plywood on a y of a tree

I did see one that i thought would work laying out by a radio station
but it had a 4x4 platform would make a good two man tower

but i would have to drag it through the woods
ORIGINAL: 36fan

The TV antennae in reference would be the self standing style with three of four poles connected every 12" or so with braces. I used to have one on the side of my house and would use it to get on the roof. They are quite strong and durable. After all, consider the force the wind exerts on the antennae during storms.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:15 PM
Spike

i am currently working on my own home made deer stand i'll post some pics soon i hope.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's a tower stand alright! I'd like to one day build one, need some land first, and then cut some trees etc...

Lag bolts might be a wiser choice than a nail, just don't go overboard, don't kill the tree.
Old 03-16-2008, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very Entertaining...
Old 08-02-2010, 01:27 PM
Spike

Do you have the plans for this stand?
Old 08-02-2010, 01:55 PM
Fork Horn

i built a tree stand out of bed rail by cutting slots and bending it in a rectangle then i bolted boards to it. i made one big one and one small one then i put two pc of sqaure stock between them with bolts fallowed by two chains from back pc to floor pc .i used a 4 inch ratchet strap to hang it to the tree.. one pc of board under the seat to hold it up and you have a nice little hang on stand,,,it even folds up to carry it,,it is quite heavy but it dont cost 350 dollars ..i bought ladder sticks to climb it and just hid em in a brush pile it worked great i belive its still on dads farm..and it dont use nails or screws
Old 08-03-2010, 02:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Kamikaze Treestands

That one tree stand brought back old memories. Never built one, but the fellas used them without even a safety harness.

Now, you see people in the suburbs using second floor wooden decks of questionable vintage.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:07 PM
Fork Horn

Here is a box stand we built using the elevators that they sell in bass pro. I would recommend using these products. The pic on the right was when we finished the platform, the one on the left is when the walls and roof went up. We have added plexiglass windows that open up.
Attached Thumbnails  Homemade Stands-0727081945a.jpg    Homemade Stands-downsized_0615081108.jpg  

Quick Reply: Homemade Stands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.