Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 How can I get her to understand? >

How can I get her to understand?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How can I get her to understand?

Old 01-31-2008, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How can I get her to understand?

My wife would tell you that my attitude and energy during hunting season make the time spent in the woods (away from the house) is very well spent.
Old 01-31-2008, 01:16 PM

Marriage is overrated. Kids / family are not.
Old 01-31-2008, 01:22 PM

Im sorry for my sloppy writing habits. My High School english teacher told me I would never be an english major, and he was right. Did you really have to throw the wow in though, it kinda hurt.
Old 01-31-2008, 01:44 PM
Typical Buck

Take her along! Did you actually say that? Take her along! Thats a good one. The last time she went camping she swore she would never go again. Nope lol my gal is southern but she HATES camping. She wants nothing to do with the non-bathroom. Non-air conditioning. Non-comfort camp out trip. She will cook what I bring home but I had better have it processed first. Don't get me worng she is my soul mate and I love her very very much. (getting gooshy here) BUT I accepted a long time ago that she was not the camp out type.

BP
Old 01-31-2008, 01:48 PM
Typical Buck

Thats why I had to get a Travel Trailer for her to come along..
Old 01-31-2008, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

You will have to meet somewhaere in the middle. My dad built a hunting camp in 1986 for a place to go during deer season and rough it and hunt for a few weeks out of the year. No running water, no phone, no tv....all of the things you don't need to call it a hunting camp. It stayed that way for a few years but he slowley started to add more and more comforts to our little hunting cabin year after year.....

Now we spend long weekends during the summer up there picking berries, tending to the yard, having marshmellow roasts with the kinds, riding 4 wheelers......you name it. It has running water, centeral heat and air, Sat Tv all the things to keep the little women happy. It's more than a hunting camp. It's a family camp. I practically grew up there and plan on my daughter spending alot of time there with me as I did with my dad. It's not home, but it's not roughing it either........

Old 01-31-2008, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

another.....

Old 01-31-2008, 02:17 PM
Spike

Here's a female point of view. Although I grew up hunting and fishing I don't particularly like camping without some form of running water.Long hair gets itchy when you don't wash it.But back to the point.I myself love time with my BF (of 6yrs). When guys go off and do "guy" things we feel left out and a little sorry for ourselves. Just being honest. But the little things always help me bend and be more open minded about his wants too. Always offer to take her and the kids .If your sincere if your not she'll know. Hunting, fishing , hiking ect... make it fun but don't push them into doing it. I find more help around the house gets the BF more free time.I don't feel so swamped with housework plus kids plus a job that I feel he is having all the fun. So here's the equation: More help + more luv +family time= more understanding and free time.
Up here fishing and hunting comes in seasons not year round so that makes it easier too.(Also that I hunt and fish more than he does. I HAVE to it's a part of who I am.)
But I see the wifes point too .It wasn't hunting or fishing in my case but I definatly wanted more "us time" and it took a major step back on both our parts to see what was really important. I needed more recognition and he needed some space. We were just pushing each other too hard without deserving it.Show this to your wife maybe it will help.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

a romantic sunset for the misses?............

Old 01-31-2008, 02:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Forour trip to NM we'll be staying in a very nice condo. My wife doesn't mind camping but it sure is easier to get her to go when the accomodations are nicer!

Quick Reply: How can I get her to understand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.