Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting on Sunday's

Old 01-28-2008, 09:51 PM
Banned

Default Hunting on Sunday's

There is a bit of talk about allowing hunting on Sundays in Virginia. Plenty of arguments on both sides. I guess this has been a bit of an issue for some time and has reared its head again. Whats the scoop from those that are in places that allow it? Personally, I'm against it.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hunting on Sunday's

Against it? I cannot believe this is even a serious question, but I know it exists. If you can't hunt an entire weekend, when can you hunt? 1 day a weekend? So you have to take off work on a friday, and now maybe a thursday too so you can hunt 2 days in a row? Many of us don't live on the land we hunt, and don't live a quick 30min drive away from it either, many of use commute 2 or 3 hours after work on a friday to hunt saturday and sunday and drive home sun night. If I can't hunt sunday, now I have to take off work on friday and leave thurs evening? Please explain to me what sense not hunting on sunday makes whatsoever? tradition? please.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:21 AM

i have never heard of such a thing. here in missouri we hunt on sundays. i didn't know other people didn't
Old 01-29-2008, 03:45 AM
Fork Horn

i would love to hunt on sundays
but in nj you can,t
its saturdays and days off for me
Old 01-29-2008, 03:49 AM
Fork Horn

By banning hunting on Sunday you are telling young working people who have limited vacation that they are not welcome. You are doing the same to youths who are in school and can ONLY hunt on the weekend. I think that hunting is a good wholesome family activity that becomes much more difficult to pursue with a Sunday ban so I think it is anti family too because it limits an activity that helps a family be stronger.

Bob

P.S.- I feel closer to God when I am in the field than when I am in church, that is for sure.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

What is this no hunting on Sundays B.S.
Let me guess, some politicians answer to getting votes fromRelgious communities...
Why you guys let this happen is beyond me..
Personally it would make me turn to Athiesm right then and there...
If this happened in my neck of the woods, everybody would stop going to Church or go to Church and refuse to pay a Tithe until the law changed..
f that didn't change things,we'd do what the Indians do up here and say to hell with the legislative law and hunt anyway..
Really rack the cost of it up so it affects all tax payers not just the ones who hunt...
Make this into a billion dollar issue..
Whats happened to you guys,your ancesterors dumped Tea into the Boston Harbor to prove points , now all ya do is print..
Old 01-29-2008, 04:44 AM
Banned

Interesting to hear from those areas that do. It's never been allowed in Virginia, so its not a new "ban". They are actually trying to lift it.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Glad we dont have that issue in Wi.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

the ban on Sundays is nothing more than for religious beliefs, there is suppose to be a seperation of church and state but the far right don't want that.
Freedom of chioce ,don't hunt on Sundays if that is what you believe but don't stop others because they want to
Old 01-29-2008, 07:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here's a map that shows all the Sunday hunting states.

I am still going to fight long and hard for Virginia, but, lately, I am so disgusted with the state legislature, I could scream... [:@] We had an absolutely perfect House Bill (1456) that was geared towards allowing only bowhunting on private land only during archery season.

- Bowhunting is virtually silent.
-Church parishoners can't use the "gunfire disruption" complaint.
- It's on private land.
- No hikers, horseback riders, etc... would be bothered on public lands.
- It's only during archery season and not the full season.

....So what's the problem with this?!?!?!

I'll tell you...

HSUS, Church people, the Farm Bureau, and believe it or not, even the VHDA (deer dog runners) spoke out and had it killed!!! [:@][:@][:@]

You heard me.... Virginia Sunday hunting advocates got stabbed in the back by their own fellow hunters!!!!

Me personally? I am so frustrated and disgusted with everything, I am ready to quit. In fact, I might just sit out next season and not even buy a hunting license, out of protest. If Virginia continues to refuseSunday hunting, then I just won't hunt here. I'll go to another state and hunt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.