Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Pretty crappy affair

Old 01-02-2008, 08:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Pretty crappy affair

Talked to a friend that’s tried to fill a tag all season and hasn’t. He hunts a piece of ground in a distant county. Good place, but it has a problem, the neighbor. Guys a real prick for some reason.

Today he told me a story almost too crappy to believe. As he sat there waiting for his chance he noticed a helicopter circling a distant woods. Said it just keep going round and round and then it moved over to where he was and started the same thing. Next thing he see’s the GW coming right at him. Guy starts giving him the business and after he gives him all the things requires he asks if there are anymore. “Yes, my sons over there”. Guy goes over and gives him the business. This is all on private land.

The GW and 2 other GW’s start checking the area where they parked and the buildings on the site.

By this time I’m steaming at thinking how this friend is being shafted. You know the investment in hunting, the cost, the time, the early hours, everything ruined at this point by now. They couldn’t find a hair out of place.

I asked what they were going to do about it. His reply was “nothing, were hoping that the GW’s will hold it against the guy and leave us alone and maybe give the neighbor some trouble. My advice was to do what ever it took to see that if these GW’s broke any laws that they were held accountable for it, they then would be sure to give that neighbor what he had coming to him. Can’t say what they’ll do. The constitution applies to the dnr too.

This season was our 4 day muzzle loader season. That was his last chance this year.

They could have just met them at their vehicles. Even then I think without the land owners consent and no cause they were way over the legal law line.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:48 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Pretty crappy affair

crappy indeed..... where I hunt I've never seen a GW...... but I go waaay back in, they might never come back that far.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like the neighbor needs some buckshot up his arse!

people like that just bug the CRAP out of me!
Old 01-02-2008, 10:12 PM
Typical Buck

Unfortionatly a GW or a CO can trespass If they have reason to beleive a crime is being comitted. This friend of yours needs to file a complaint. If the neighbor gave the GW false info, (which he did) then he can get in serious trouble.

P.S.- After that, I'd go kick his @ss!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-04-2008, 05:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

ttt
Old 01-04-2008, 05:30 PM
Spike

The land I hunt on is posted and the Game Warden cannot come on to the place without written permission, if he does it is a fine for him. The land owner has tried to trick them into crossing the line and they will not. Maybe you guys need to get some laws rewritten.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: David Kansas

The land I hunt on is posted and the Game Warden cannot come on to the place without written permission, if he does it is a fine for him. The land owner has tried to trick them into crossing the line and they will not. Maybe you guys need to get some laws rewritten.
LMAO!!! I don't believe a word of this post.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Texas game wardens have jurisdiction almost everywhere. They have more power than any state employed peace officer and caninflict some of the nastiest penalties/fines. Unfortunate as it is,if they have reason to suspectyouhave done something wrong, they can walk into your place of residence without a warrant.You would think that itsillegal as hell but thats the way it is. The game warden is somebody you DONT want to mess with.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, game wardens do not have to have any kind of permission to come onto property. They would probably have to have a warrant to search a building, though.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

A game Warden can enter private property in Kansas with Probable cause. Dependant upon where your at and the Game Warden.... I know a bunch of the guys and I really can't see them tromping around someones property for no reason. Judging from the log book, I'd say there somewhat busy anyways...
http://www.kdwp.state.ks.us/other_services/law_enforcement/officer_s_logbook

Quick Reply: Pretty crappy affair

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.