HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pretty crappy affair
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 08:20 PM
nodog
Giant Nontypical

Default Pretty crappy affair

Talked to a friend that’s tried to fill a tag all season and hasn’t. He hunts a piece of ground in a distant county. Good place, but it has a problem, the neighbor. Guys a real prick for some reason.

Today he told me a story almost too crappy to believe. As he sat there waiting for his chance he noticed a helicopter circling a distant woods. Said it just keep going round and round and then it moved over to where he was and started the same thing. Next thing he see’s the GW coming right at him. Guy starts giving him the business and after he gives him all the things requires he asks if there are anymore. “Yes, my sons over there”. Guy goes over and gives him the business. This is all on private land.

The GW and 2 other GW’s start checking the area where they parked and the buildings on the site.

By this time I’m steaming at thinking how this friend is being shafted. You know the investment in hunting, the cost, the time, the early hours, everything ruined at this point by now. They couldn’t find a hair out of place.

I asked what they were going to do about it. His reply was “nothing, were hoping that the GW’s will hold it against the guy and leave us alone and maybe give the neighbor some trouble. My advice was to do what ever it took to see that if these GW’s broke any laws that they were held accountable for it, they then would be sure to give that neighbor what he had coming to him. Can’t say what they’ll do. The constitution applies to the dnr too.

This season was our 4 day muzzle loader season. That was his last chance this year.

They could have just met them at their vehicles. Even then I think without the land owners consent and no cause they were way over the legal law line.