Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Hunting off season on private land? >

Hunting off season on private land?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
14.58%
No
85.42%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Hunting off season on private land?

Old 01-02-2008, 02:34 PM

Default RE: Hunting off season on private land?

Mossbergman, you need to quit posting stupid, ignorant stuff. This forum has no need or patience for crap like that. You need to reevaluate yourself as a hunter, but most importantly as a person if you truly believe in what you're trying to condone. Absolutely unbelievable.
Old 01-02-2008, 02:51 PM

I DO NOT HUNT OUT OF SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I never said i did and i will never do that!!
This is just aquestion thread thats all. I said that no hard feelings. I just wanted to see what your opinions were
who said hunting out of season on own land was ok?
i dont understand why everyone is getting po'ed at me when i dont do it
Old 01-02-2008, 02:51 PM

walker12 did georgia win last night?
Old 01-02-2008, 02:57 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: mossbergman11

i am 15 and i was just wondering how you guys felt about it. i really dont think there is a real big problem with shooting a doe with a shotgun the day after gun season is over but we all have our own opinions.............................
.... I think this is the part that is ruffling everyones feathers, This quotesounds to me like you wouldnt have a problem taking a doe out of season....does it stop with a doe? or do BIG bucks get lumped in as well? if its only a day after the season?
Old 01-02-2008, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

MossbergBOY wrong is wrong no matter what spin you put on it.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:03 PM

im sorry i said that it was a stupid comment. but we all have different opinions
Old 01-02-2008, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GregH

Delete this post.....it's really that stupid.

Amen GregH! I highly doubt the age of the dude also> Sounds like trolling 101, stirring the pot. Mods should get rid of it.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:27 PM

ORIGINAL: mossbergman11

walker12 did georgia win last night?
Of course. But that will not take my attention away from your boneheaded comments.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am not upset at you. Your only 15 and justposed a question. I think you got your answer though. Hunters take poaching very seriously because it threatens the sport we love. If a hunter accepts that breaking the state laws is ok then pretty soon everyone could be doing it. Now why would the state allow that. They already have a ton of anti-hunters pressuring them to end all hunting. So if hunters get painted bad by poachers its just fuel for those anti's.

So that is why people get upset. This is seen as a very real attack on the sport we all love and hope to enjoy for years to come. If we allow those things to happen then one day we will lose our privleges. Plan and simple. I know your just 15 and asking but the actions you discribe are illegal and a threat to hunting. Because unfortunatly poachers get labeled as hunters. Even though they aren't hunters IMO. And no matter how you justify it if you kill one out of the law (even one day) it is poaching.

Anti's don't care if a person is poaching or not they think if you kill a deer its hunting. So to break the established laws is obvious fuel for them.

If you enjoy HUNTING then you owe it to yourself to turn in poachers. If tou friends and family do it I suggest you urge them to stop. Otherwise you may one day not be able to HUNT at all.

Old 01-02-2008, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

mossberg--please do not hunt out of season...the game authorities set the seasons so that they may regulate the animal herd. Also, if you start breaking small rules when you are younger, you will naturally gravitate to breaking larger rules so long as "no one will know". Integrity is what will define you as a man, for that is all we have when we hit the grave.

shadow

Quick Reply: Hunting off season on private land?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.