Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Here's you guys another stolen trailcam thread. >

Here's you guys another stolen trailcam thread.

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Here's you guys another stolen trailcam thread.

Old 01-01-2008, 09:17 AM

Default Here's you guys another stolen trailcam thread.

Well needless to say from the title I'm pretty ticked off right now. I went yesterday evening to my private property in Scott Co. TN to check my pics from the past 2 weeks. I threw my laptop in my pack and grabbed my guide gun and made my way towards the riverbottom. I got to a spot overlooking where it was placed and saw nothing. I then thought maybe a tree had fell on it or somethin and busted it. So I climbed on down the hill and low and behold it was gone. They had busted the mounting tabs getting it and pulled my solar charger out as well. It was just a Moultrie 2.1 but it was a dang good camera for the money. In the whole setup I had about $130 and have been very very cautious placing this on public lands. But I put it on a very well posted private property and this happens. And unfortunately I don't have the slightest lead whatsoever. So I guess happy new year to me, eh?
Old 01-01-2008, 10:04 AM
Spike

Default RE: Here's you guys another stolen trailcam thread.

Sorry to hear the bad news. I hope you have a better year
Old 01-01-2008, 10:33 AM
Typical Buck

we have had a couple come up missing before too and it sucks. I got a new moultrie camera $90, digital M 40 or something.......plus 25 for the 1gig card. I was so nervous walking away from it I almost couldn't leave it. I need to get a metal locking bracket where if you wanna steal it you gotta cut the tree down to get it.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:47 AM
Fork Horn

sucks
Old 01-03-2008, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I still just don't understand the rationale behind stealing someone's trail camera. Does the person taking the camera really derive some sort of joy or pleasure over taking things from another hunter?

It's been said many times over, but I can only hope and dream of the day I find someone stealing one of my cameras or treestands while I'm out in the woods. It would be like Mortal Combat.

Sorry to hear about losing your cam - that sucks. [:@]
Old 01-03-2008, 01:48 PM
Typical Buck

You need to hide one trail cam real well where it can get a good picture of one that is in plain view. Maybe you can catch the person on film. You'd probably end up just having 2 stolen cameras though. Oh well, the best we can do is declare Shinanigans. SHINANIGANS!!
Old 01-03-2008, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would report it to the local Sheriff's Dept in the area/county where your camera was stolen.One day they will catch someone stealing more camera's or find your camera and no one will know who to return it to because it wasn't reported!I would also check all the local Pawn Shops etc...!
P.S.....check any local SHops that develope film or the local Wal-Mart to see if anyone developed the pictures....Yes Theives are "STUPID"! I shoulda been a private dectective!

Sorry to hear about your loss...it p1$$e$ me off just reading about someone stealing someone's personal property! [:@][&:] I HATE Theives
Old 01-05-2008, 03:14 PM
Spike

my buddy had hole bunch trail cam and every time he would go out of town the sim card was taken or the fim he came over and was telling me about it I asked him when he was going out of town next he said in 2 day
so in when he went out of town I slip on his place 2 hour befor light and stayed all day laying down next to this old tree and about 4:30 this guy from city showed up with his bow and started opening my buddy cam and after Igrabed him and after he pee him self he told me he was going to bring all of them back the cop made shore of that and told the guy he was lucky that I didnt kill himso then my buddy got back in town I called him and told him to come over I thought he was going to cry then I gave him all the stuff back some days you do win one for the good guy
Old 01-05-2008, 04:50 PM

I go to bed everynight dreaming of walking up on the person doing that and either him turn around and have both stainless barrels of my coach gun in his face or turn around to the sound of a shell being racked into my 870. None of the other adjoining property owners said they have saw anyone unusual so far. But someone might have even came up from the river side instead of the road. I know my property neighbor was abit concerned being he has alot of his equipment in his shed which is unattended and also has cams and feeders out. I can only hope they get busted.

[/align]I
Old 01-05-2008, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

On my second Moultrie am useing a Swevil Safe they will have to cut
the tree down to get it,will know sunday going up to check and
change the chip.[8D]

Quick Reply: Here's you guys another stolen trailcam thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.