Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Here's you guys another stolen trailcam thread. >

Here's you guys another stolen trailcam thread.

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Here's you guys another stolen trailcam thread.

Old 01-06-2008, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Here's you guys another stolen trailcam thread.

i will say that i hunt 100% public and knock on wood but i have not had a trail cam taken or bothered (other then by a bear...suckin thing ripped on down and drug it about 150 yards down the mountain..)...

i will say that most people who, IMO, would take these cams are lazy...do your best to put the cam in a safe and well hidden spot..i know back east that is not always easy,....but if you can than that is good.....if you can look through your bino's and see the cam across a field then someone else can as well...i always keep it in thick stuff...i don't always get a lot of pics, but i do tend to get more bucks then does..
Old 01-06-2008, 10:41 AM

you say the land is well posted, this person is trespassing and a camera snaps a picture of them.
so they freak out and take the camera with the fear of being caught and having charges pressed.
it could have been anyone.
and who is going to admit they did it when they know they took the only evidence?

Old 01-06-2008, 11:07 AM

my main thought is them worrying about having their picture taken since they didn't take the time to gently remove it. I was actually talkin to the adjoining property owner again last night and said he had some people slip in on one of his lots which so happens to be connecting to mine and had been partying. burned some of his chairs and trashed the place with garbage and beer bottles everywhere. probably the same people.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:03 PM

ORIGINAL: 2006HighSierra

my main thought is them worrying about having their picture taken since they didn't take the time to gently remove it. I was actually talkin to the adjoining property owner again last night and said he had some people slip in on one of his lots which so happens to be connecting to mine and had been partying. burned some of his chairs and trashed the place with garbage and beer bottles everywhere. probably the same people.
That sounds pretty solid, I would imagine it is a good chance it is them.

It's nice hearing that you have a good relationship with adjoining property owners in your area. I wish my private land was the same. Glad to hear of a good relationship where you can call and ask about things like this.

In my area, my neighbors would be the ones to take the camera...
Old 01-06-2008, 09:01 PM
Spike

Hang a small sign by your trailcam that says... If you take this camera, you BETTER find the other 3 cameras too. Think about it!... They may leave it alone.