Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What would you do?

Old 01-02-2008, 09:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What would you do?

x2 take them down and take em home i would have already done it

But watch the guy is likly to get very mad at you.
ORIGINAL: retrieverman

If in fact it is a tresspasser's stand and feeder on private property, I would do what the guy running the property suggested and take "MY" new stand and feeder home with me.

Actually, my brother has found a couple of stands on our place and has either torn them down or taken them home.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

the land owner told him to take them down he might get mad if he does not.
ORIGINAL: tsoc

Even though the person doesn't have permission to be there I wouldn't take either.Once I notified the landowner or manager it would be up to them to either pull them and do with them what they want.
I would never feel good about taking someone's elses stuff even if they shouldn't be there.This is just my opinion.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

BINGO

ORIGINAL: walker12

If you don't feel comfortable taking it, then take a sledgehammer to it and bend the hell out of it. Whatever you do, don't leave it. Either take it or destroy it. The more tolerant you are of him, the more he's going to do it. It's your job to control the situation.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:53 PM
Spike

Enjoy your new stand and feeder!!
Old 01-04-2008, 04:08 PM
Spike

If you wont take it, let me know where it is and I will go get it for you. Not saying that I would keep it. Leave him a nice note as to how he can go about getting it back and if he does fine. Then get all his info and have the state natural resources officers charge him appropriatly. If he doesnt, come claim it, then its yours (finders keepers). look at it as safe keeping for him until he doesnt recover it. then it becomes abondoned property
Old 01-04-2008, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

we had the same issue on our property. we took the guys feeder, trail cam, and stand, but we left a "no tresspassing" sign where the stand was mounted and a sheet of paper with our contact information on it incase the guywanted toget his stuff back. a week later we got a call from the guy who said he used the stand, feeder, and camera to observe the wildlife in the area, lol. He atleast had the balls to admit it was his stuff when we could have easily prosecuted him for tresspassing so we gave him all of his equipment back. That way he got the point that we are observing our property andwont tolerate tresspassers, while also being good enough neighborsto give him his stuff back. it has worked well until recently whenmy feeder got stolen off of our own property, not 100 yards from our storage facility, on the first day of the season.....now that PISSED me off.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:29 PM

I would do like the property owner told you to do. Take them down. Instead of taking them home with me, ask the land owner to have the police come pick them up and then leave a note telling the person that if they want their stuff back to contact the local police. If the person does contact the police for their stuff then it is up to the land owner to decide whether they want to press charges against the person. That way your can wash your hands of the whole mess.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

They would be mine.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like CWnut's advice....that way if you turn it into the Police Dept. they can consider if any warnings or fines could be given to the person who had the stand and feeder on the Land Owners property.....maybe it should be handed over to your local Game Warden?Either way the Land Owner would have to prosecute or sign a complaint if you want the tresspasser to be fined or arrested?