Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

the deer are following me

Old 12-20-2007, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default the deer are following me

The strangest thing happened last week i went on some new land i got permission to so i did a slow stalk hunt through the land to check it out at the same time. I went along a ridge in the snow checking things out . I could see nothing had been ther before because there wher no tracks in the snow. eventualy i came across some deer tracks and scouted some more. after a long walk i headed back the way i came . probably walked a mile in then a mile back. I decided to go the next day and as i was walking the same path i noticed there where deer prints right on top of mine . this went on for a long distance. they would turn and sway where i did. they aven went up to a rock that i sat on for a litttle while. it was as if they wherefollowing where ever i went . i thought maybe they see the my tracks and think this is where others have been so they were following other deer . i don't know . i thought this was a wierd experience. any one else have deer trail after you? Now if i could just get them to follow me back to the truck so it wouldn't be so far to drag them
Old 12-20-2007, 05:57 PM
Spike

Default RE: the deer are following me

I have this happen quite often to me actually. I've been told that a lot of times deer will do this to try and figure out what is following them or using their trail. A lot of times doe's will circle around and actually end up behind you. I see the same things you did, the tracks inside my tracks.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hmmmm?...........go out again only early in the morning and leave a long trail...circle back around about 100 yards then sit for about 4 hours and when they walk by to trail your tracks shot a couple of them!
Old 12-20-2007, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Deer are very lazy when it comes to walking in the snow....I would be too if I was walking in snow all day. Anyways I always see deer walking the 4 wheeler paths around are farm and when they get closer to the area they want to go the get off the path. Same thing when walking to my bow stand. They follow the tracks right to the stand then head off on another trail. You can do this in the summer also by cutting paths with your brush hog. I'm not saying it is going to bring deer to you but sometimes deer take the easier route.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I guess maybe i'll have to give it a try making a path to a stand and see if it helps
Old 12-21-2007, 06:42 AM

Mr. Java has had , several times, does "hunting" him down. They will follow his trail up to stands and circle around trying to figure out where he is.

Old 12-21-2007, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

i hear ya but what is with the third person talk about yourself ?
Old 12-21-2007, 07:53 AM

ORIGINAL: Rhody Hunter

i hear ya but what is with the third person talk about yourself ?
LOL.. I am Ms. Java.. Mr Java is my ol' man..