Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Scent Control

Old 12-20-2007, 11:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Scent Control

their probably skidish because they can smell you!!!!!! ANd JAyDeavor you must hunt the big woods, and probably just gun hunt.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:50 AM
Typical Buck

mikepsu54,sounds to me like have spent a bunch of money on clothing ,i'm telling you ,you don't need to.
that is what the clothing manufacters want us all to believe. its just a money thing.

i hear people say all the time ,the deer have gotten smarter then they used to be,not true hunters have gotten dumber. they fall for every new gimmick that comes along.

wash your clothes in baking soda,by hand not in washing machine and air dry them,even let it rain on them. they will work just as well.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:02 PM

My friends drug dog can smell a joint in your full gas tank .Some people think they can cover thier scent with cothing or cover scent what a joke!
Old 12-21-2007, 05:16 PM

what no comments?Or hows this one a beagle can tell the age of 2 rabbit tracks 2 hours old andand know what direction the rabbit went by the scent being 1 second older. How aboutthis one a blood hound can tell what exit a kidnappedperson got off the L.A. free wayat rush hour.If a deer can smell half that well do you think you could hide from them.I'm not saying I do not use scent control but that is what it is control.

[/align]
Old 12-21-2007, 05:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

we wash our clothes in scent free detergent, use the spray, use the wind in our favor, get high up in a tree, and take a shower with the HS stuff every hunt
Old 12-21-2007, 05:34 PM

I just rub some dirt and pine needles on my cloths as i walk into the woods. Works for me.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

A deer can smell nearly as well as a dog. I have also found this to be the case through my 18 years of bowhunting experience. I've personally witnessed deer follow my scent trails some 24 hours after walking through an area. The whole concept of scent control has been invented by a bunch of companies that have figured out that deer hunters are always looking to buy success.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:35 PM

ORIGINAL: mikepsu54

their probably skidish because they can smell you!!!!!! ANd JAyDeavor you must hunt the big woods, and probably just gun hunt.

I'm sorry, man but you're an absolute idiot. Not only are you ignorant, but you're obnoxious. I take scent free showers and use scent free wash, but until my smell spooks a dear, I won't go gung-ho on scent control. I took a dump on the side of a logging road yesterday, and my buddy jumped two deer in the same spot this evening. You keep spending big money and biting any marketing bait that's casted your way. For generation after generation, our ancestors hunted deer (and many other animals) without that stuff. I can't believe a thing you say about your "experiences" because half of it is illegible. Start talking like somewhat of an adult or a respectful fellow-outdoorsman and then maybe I will believe your BS.

Old 12-21-2007, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

We have got to agree to disagree on this subject and just respect everyone's opinions/experiences. YES, Scent-Lok does work (it has been proven in scientific labs, so please do not be ignorant and argue with science), YES scent-a-way products do work, YES i have seen more deer after devoting myself religiously to scent-elimination. However, I do feel these other hunters are at a disadvantage who do not practice scent-elmination. Still, that is not going to prevent you from taking or seeing big bucks. A deer's sense of smell is 1000x as strong as a humans, so just because you have not been 'busted' in the stand does not mean your scent has not effected the deer. They can wind you from ways a way, and just avoid you all together. On the contrary, deer are naturally curious and if they pick up a scent they do not recognize they will actually come to investigate. So please do notcriticize others on this matter. If a hunter wears Scent-Lok, and uses other scent-killing related products,respect his devotion to becoming as "invisible" as he can be. If a hunter feels that he does not need to practice scent elimination, respect that as well.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:55 PM

Well hell, man. I'm not going to respect anyone's opinion or believe their little stories when they act like an a$$. It's people like that that myself, and everyone else I know, would hate to hunt with. That's the end of it.

Quick Reply: Scent Control

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.