Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

crazy story

Old 12-10-2007, 09:54 PM
Spike

Default crazy story

I've got a friend in Minn. that lives on a farm. He was out last weekend going rabbit hunting by some of his old sheds. He walked by one of his old sheds to notice a decent 8 pointer laying inside of it. Lucklyhe didn't see him. He ran back to his house to get the muzzl. When he got back the deer was standingin the shed.Thedeer got nervous and jumped through the window. He stoped about 50 yards awaygiving my buddy a broadside shot.Hedropped the deer right wherehe stood. Thedeer was very skinny. He thinks the deer gothit by a car early in the season and found the shed to be a good place to get out of the elements.Plus,there was a lot of food for him to.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:18 PM

Default RE: crazy story

what a nice surprise.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:08 PM
Spike

I have heard one like this before. My good friends grandfather has some land in southeren Iowa just for hunting and fishing. Well on the one side of his property he has an older 3 sided steel building for storing trailers and stuff. Well i went down there earlier this season and he tells me that the farmer that lives near him had been storing a grain trailer in there. and one day while the farmer driving by the building he says he saw a nice buck go running out of it. Of course I say "B.S.!" and thats what he said to the farmer too. So he went up to the building to investigate and just as he is rounding the side of the building the buck goes running out the other side 20 yards away. He looked around and found a small pile of corn where the grain trailer had been stored. So that darn buck was coming out of the timber(which was over 250 yards away) and walked by old tractors and with all of the oil and greese smell and was eating the corn in that barn. I told him he was full of it so he took me up there and you could see the tracks leading up the side of the building and then making a hard right turn into the barn. It had been doing it for a few weeks because the trail leading up to the building was a nice one. I just thought it was very strange.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

My brother had an old barn he would shut up calves for weaning and would feed them sweet feed while they were shut up. Almost every day he would go up there the deer would go out thru a hole in the side.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

What's he doing killing his pets? Thats really not nice!
Old 12-11-2007, 09:08 AM
Typical Buck

It sounds like some pretty smart deer to me. Nice story. It would be nice to have something like that happen.