Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

killing dogs vs. hunting

Old 12-11-2007, 03:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: killing dogs vs. hunting

Very well said
ORIGINAL: farmcntry

I've heard about all the crap I want to hear about viciously killing a domesticated animal and comparing it to hunting.
There are several differences that come to mind right off the bat.
1. We don't torture the animals we pursue.
2. We hunt wild, free ranging animals; not pinned up where we can grab them and throw them in a pit.
3. We strive to ethically and quickly take them; not have them tortured until they die in vain.
4. After we take an animal we consume it, not cast it away to waste.
5. What we do is LEGAL!!!!!!!

Old 12-11-2007, 08:38 AM
Typical Buck

I agree 100% with farmcntry. We do it by legal means not throwing animals together so that we can watch them kill each other. That's just sick!!! I have heard of some "hunters" that do things that are in my mind illegal, but not necessarily illegal by law. They are not true hunters though in my mind.

Old 12-15-2007, 09:19 AM
Fork Horn

How about pheasant hunting in PA? Essentially no pheasants survive the winter. Phaesants are raised and released every year. A few are killed by hunters. The remainder starve to death over the winter.

Second, I don't consider torture to be an essential part of dog fighting. If we are to contrast dog fighting with hunting we should do it on an apples apples basis. Good dog fighters against good hunters. Or, perhaps, jerk dog fighters against jerk deer hunters (not found on this forum, of course!).
Old 12-15-2007, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Regardless of whatyou compare it to , it is still against the law. -Hunting isnt. He knowingly broke the law ,got caught and deserves more than what he actually got.
I think he should have got at least 10 years just for being so stupid.The NFL stardom ,fortune and fame---he threw it all away for something he didnt have to be involved in and he knew was illegal. Just plain stupid i think
Old 12-15-2007, 10:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with farmcntry 100%! There is absolutely no comparrison!
Old 12-15-2007, 01:15 PM
rrb

Ask him if he thinks the cow his burger came from killed itself
Old 12-15-2007, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Honestly, I'd kill the damn dog if I had a recipe for him... so what?
Old 12-15-2007, 06:28 PM

We use assault rifles, firing hundreds of rounds, trying to hit everything we can. We chase them on ATV's, in trucks, trap them, snare them, poison them, and by any other means we can come up with (I've heard of people even using helicopters, but I havent' done it).

We use assault rifles, firing hundreds of rounds, trying to hit everything we can. We chase them on ATV's, in trucks, trap them, snare them, poison them, and by any other means we can come up with (I've heard of people even using helicopters, but I havent' done it).

2 spokespersons for the PETA and HSUS right there.Do you know HOW to phrase subjects that you are talking about to keep others from using aginst US
Old 12-15-2007, 07:33 PM
Typical Buck

There is absolutely no comparison with dog fighting and hunting period.

Spudrow from Mo
Old 12-15-2007, 07:58 PM
Typical Buck

wow your friend must not got a lick of sense i agree with farmrc i took the words out of my mouth u said it for me!

Quick Reply: killing dogs vs. hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.