" />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 biggest that you have let walk >

biggest that you have let walk

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

biggest that you have let walk

Old 12-05-2007, 02:55 PM

Default biggest that you have let walk

what is the biggest buck that you hav let walk this year
Old 12-05-2007, 03:27 PM

Default RE: biggest that you have let walk

I had a spike stop four yards in front of me that I let go last saturday
Old 12-05-2007, 03:32 PM

Big 8 point that was the first deer I saw on opening morning. He was killed this past weekend by another hunter and measured somewhere in the 140's. If I would have known that I wouldn't get back to that ranch this season, I might have taken him. Saw a couple of small 10 points, a mature 9 point that would be considered a cull, and numerous other young 8 points. With a month to go in the season, I might get a chance to head back down to that place if I can talk the wife into it.

Still have at least one good on on my place.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

120" 8 pt. that didnt present a shot i felt good about.. another 8 pt. during bow season at 35 cause i didnt like the angle and another 8 pt. during rifle. I had took an 8 ptr. the day before and as i was reachin for my video camera, i said "hey now, this guy might be bigger" which he was and he slipped on by
Old 12-05-2007, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I let both of these bucks walk this year.

I had several opportunities to shoot either one during the season but let them go so they could grow. I thought it was neat that I had them both in the same picture.

Here they are checking out one of my mock scrapes.

Old 12-05-2007, 04:29 PM
Typical Buck

this year i had a bunch of small bucks close, first day of ML i called 3 bucks in useing the primos can and grunt.
they were a spike,4pt,and a small 7pt. 3 days later a called 3 more to within 20ft of my stand 2 spikes and a 5pt. then i went the next day and hunted with a friend ,he told me to get on top of this hill and watch the other side ,there are 3 property boundries that meet right on top,well i started calling and along came a spike.then i heard something jump the fence down the hill ,there stood one of the biggest bucks i'd ever seen and before i could get the gun on him he jumped back over the fence onto property that i was told DO NOT SHOOT OVER THERE. so i watched as he walked away,i was just dieing to blast him. anway ,about an hour later a nice six pt came up the hill and i dropped him. a week later a buddy of mine killed that deer on the same hill, it had 16points.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:42 PM
Dominant Buck

Private land hunt that the owner wanted us to take only 125" or better. The second day I let a 115"-125" 8 point walk. My best guess is that it wouldn't make the cut and since I was a guest on the land I felt obligated to not take a chance on ground shrinkage. It was a real beauty and to my knowledge it is still there waiting for another year.
Old 12-05-2007, 05:25 PM
Fork Horn

2-10 pointers and 1-11 pointer that would have to be in the low 140" range.....
Old 12-05-2007, 06:12 PM
Typical Buck

115 inch 2.5 year old
Old 12-05-2007, 07:14 PM
Fork Horn

Brown its down.The Biggest one I ever let walk was a Big 10,my wife was between us.

big rockpile

Quick Reply: biggest that you have let walk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.