Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Improving habitat

Old 01-25-2003, 12:30 PM
lcc

Default Improving habitat

Hi everyone,

I am looking for help on a project. I own a small farm of 145 acres in NW MN in the red river valley area. The layout of the land is the house barn etc are located about center on the south property line. The farmstead is surrounded by trees sheltering it around the west and noth sides of about 15-20 acres used for the house, barn and pasture. In the NE corner of the property is a small wetland area with some brush and an area that I have plated white clover covering I suppose .5 - 1 acre. This area has produced deer almost every year during hunting season unless its one of those years where the deer are only found in the woods. Which all of our hunting pices are not. Also on the property is a small .5 - 1 acrea area over on the west line that is classed wetland so can not be used for crops. It stays dry but due to its classification can not be farmed. Across the road from me on the south is 80 acres surrounded by a big slough or small lake depending on your perspective. To the SE corner of me is a farm of about equal size that has been planted in various trees in an l shape with a .5 acrea slough in a long narrow shape in the middle. To the north I have a farm that just to the north of it is another wetland production area. Mainly slough with some higher dry spots. Any way What should I do to make it even more productive for deer hunting, make it so Phesants are more populated in the area, very very few seen ever now. Plus make the area an area that deer want to remain in all day all year type thing. I can not remove all the land from production as need that income too but could take some for habitat or food plot. HELP? [email protected]
Old 01-25-2003, 01:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Improving habitat

LCC, some great knowledgable guys in the Quality Deer Management forum. GO there.

<font color=blue>Good Luck and Good Shooting</font id=blue>

<font color=red>Rob</font id=red>