Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My father and I

Old 12-04-2007, 11:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: My father and I

Awesome buck and great pic... I wish I could hunt w/ my father still.

Old 12-04-2007, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome & Congrats! It's great to spend time with your loved ones involving the outdoors.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

great buck, great story
Old 12-04-2007, 06:18 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks guys...

I forgot to mention something else you might find interesting. I have noticed over the last few years my father spends less-and-less time in the woods... I chalked this up to just getting somewhat bored of hunting. In reality my father has been stricken with a severe case of arthritis, most notably in his hands/fingers. This has led him to miss a few deers over the past couple of years, which never happened previously. He says the arthritis is a kin to using a horrible trigger. He compares his arthritis to the Remington 700 triggera gun which he doesn't really like... He is more a Ruger #1 guy, he says if you need more than one shot, you didn't practice enough.
Old 12-04-2007, 07:03 PM

Good advice AF hunter. I let my dad hunt my best spots. If I don't harvest the deer I get just as much joy out of seeing him get one.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:41 PM
Typical Buck

Called the Taxidermist today to see when I might be able to pick him up and was pleasantly surprised when he said he would be done by the end of February... I am not getting my hopes up yet!

More importantly I asked him if I was still the biggest in there... and the answer was yes!
Old 12-06-2007, 06:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

NG its good to see that you and your dad have a great relationship and that you appreciate and respect him ...it just shows that he and your mom raised you right .... my son and I are very close and he has been hunting with me since he was 14 and he is now 36 ....we have not hunted much together since I moved from Alabama to Kentucky but we talk everyday ... I sure miss him being with me (having him drag my deer) in the woods .....

dd

Old 12-07-2007, 05:47 PM
Typical Buck

DD that is great... You guys should go on a hunting trip!
Old 12-07-2007, 05:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

He will hunt up here with me next year ..and I plan on hunting Alabama in January so we will get to hunt a little together.

dd
Old 12-11-2007, 09:02 PM

time spent in the woods is great but when you get to spend it with your father it is priceless nice deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.