Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My father and I

Old 12-03-2007, 10:35 AM
Typical Buck

Default My father and I

I am sure most of you are like me... We learned to hunt from our father. We all probably think our father's are the most accomplished hunters around. I never really loved to hunt until after college, and now i would say I spend most of my leisure time doing hunting involved activities.

Anyway, I took this nice 11-pointer this year and my dad was not around (the first time I have taken a deer without him being there). I called him on the phone (3-hours away) and told him a shot a brute (225-250 pounds) and did not know what to do... Needless to say he jumped in his car and drove three hours to help me load it into my truck and get it checked in. This is something I will never forget.

I think this photo is priceless!

Old 12-03-2007, 11:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: My father and I

Congrats on a nice bruiser!!!!!! Well done!
Old 12-03-2007, 11:02 AM

Awsome!!! Hunting and family....is there anything else?
Old 12-03-2007, 11:05 AM

Congratulations on a beautiful buck.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:39 AM
Typical Buck

BowHunting Fool... He was taken with 100-grain Slick Tricks!!!

Gotta love those broadheads! Put a whole in him the size of a full-sized 12 gauge slug!
Old 12-03-2007, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats awesome a big congrats
Old 12-03-2007, 03:11 PM

what a monster congrats d
Old 12-03-2007, 03:33 PM

congrats on an awsome deer
Old 12-03-2007, 04:15 PM

Awesome story Its great to have a father like that. Congrats
Old 12-03-2007, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Someday when you are a father, you will learn what children mean to their parents. My father rarely dropped what he was doing to come and help me, but would give me advice anytime day or night. As he laid dying in the local hospice, he told me that he had been hard on me to make sure I succeeded in life. He also told me he was very proud of me and how well I had raised my children. He went on to tell me things he remembered fondly which included getting morels, fish, pheasant, and venisonfrom me every year, my son and I going over and shoveling his drive and sidewalks, my son and I going over and mowing, the list went on and on. He told me that watching my son and I do so many things together made him realize he failed by not physically helping me when I needed it. It was one of the best times I ever had with my father. Since your dad made the 3+ hour drive to help you, do something nice for him like show up unexpectedly and take him to do something he enjoys doing. It'll give him a fond memory forever.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.