Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

game calls

Old 01-25-2003, 09:24 AM

Default game calls

Can anyone tell me if the phantom electronic deer call really works is it worth the money?

rich grassley
Old 01-25-2003, 06:44 PM

Default RE: game calls

its illegal in some states. whats wrong with using manual calls or just hunting the old fashioned way?

slayer
Old 01-26-2003, 07:50 AM

Default RE: game calls

I have one for sale in the classifieds,and the only reason that i'm selling is do to health reasons,can't hunt any more. but anyway I used it last year in the sparing mode and drew in a 4pt and a5pt.let me tell you they took to fighting so severly, when they would stop I would hit the call again and back to fighting they would go. After about 5 to10 min. of this the 4pt took off. I never did get a shot at the 5pt but the next morning I heard a deer come in from behind me, when I finnally got a look at him his left eye was missing and there were holes in his neck that were still bleeding.Sorry to say that I didn't get a chance to take him,but all in the same time i felt bad that i caused these injuries. THat was my experence with the phamtom call. I would say that it works great.

barely legal