But as someone who predominantly spends time in the bowhunters forum, at this time of year much badprofiling is brought to gun hunters. FIRST let me say that I hunt with Bow,..." />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Gun Hunters..what ya think of Bow Hunters? >

Gun Hunters..what ya think of Bow Hunters?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Gun Hunters..what ya think of Bow Hunters?

Old 11-30-2007, 11:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Gun Hunters..what ya think of Bow Hunters?

Maybe on your board this is beat to death also...

But as someone who predominantly spends time in the bowhunters forum, at this time of year much badprofiling is brought to gun hunters.

FIRST let me say that I hunt with Bow, Rifle, and Muzzleloader and love each one for different reasons. I am constantly defending Gun Hunting (as are a few others).

So I thought it would be fun to flip the coin on these guys and I'll link this thread. Please keep it civil, but share your opinions as a gun hunter's view of abow hunter.

Sometimes bowhunters are such elite-ests it gets irritating to those of us who enjoy all aspects of hunting!

And please remember, we are all hunters and the common goal is to preserve that heritage. Thanks
Old 11-30-2007, 12:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Gun Hunters..what ya think of Bow Hunters?

I'm both, but I do sometimes see elitism from bowhunters, and laziness from gun hunters. But it can go the other way too. What a crappy answer.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:21 PM
Typical Buck

I am strictly a bowhunter. However I have nothing against gun hunters as long as they are ethical I have that same feeling towards bowhunters. I dont like the gun hunters that unload 5 shots at a running deer that was just pushed out of a tree rowon a drive. By the same token I dont like bowhunters that just fling an arrow and hope they get lucky. I feel like we all need to stick together we are on one side
Old 11-30-2007, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good thread! I am glad a bowhunter started it. I don't really care how anyone prefers to hunt, but I think bowhunters in general are more into trophy hunting than the average gun hunter. I can assure everyone that this will make the sport a rich man's game in the not too distant future. They also will accuse gun hunters of only blasting away and crippling game, while they prefer not to talk about all the deer they stick with arrows and run off wounded. I would bet that there are probably two to three that get away wounded for each deer they actually put down. I guess what ticks me off most about them is how many consider themselves to be the superior woodsman and hunters, while many of them hunt very small suburban lots where there is limited to no gun hunting with a good supply of deer. The biggest challenge to me in an environment like that would be getting permission from the neighboring landowners when one sticks a deer and then has to trail it which must happen very often when some bowhunters hunt on 5 acre woodlots. Just couldn't imagine ringing on doorbells in camo to ask permission to track a deer. Not my cup of tea, in the least!
Old 11-30-2007, 12:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

What about the great many people that both gun hunt during gun season and bow hunt during bow season in states like Illinois. I tend to find them a bit more balanced in their attitudes and practices than those who insist on doing one or the other.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:12 PM
Typical Buck

I dont agree with the whole wounding deer comment I have killed around 35 deer with a bow and I have lost 4 deer. 3 does and 1 buck I have lost 2 with a gun and probably only shot 6 or 7 total. A bow is very lethal as well as a gun it all depends whos hands it is in
Old 11-30-2007, 01:16 PM

I gun(rifle/pistol/shotgun), muzzeloader, bow(traditional/compound). I use any excuse I can to get out and hunt so I use any weapon that I can to hunt that season. I have found traditional archers to thumb there nose's up a bit more...but certainly not all. I have found archers in general(especially hunters that ONLY archery hunt) sometimes have an elitest attitude. But every group has there jerks. I really dont care between the two as long as they respect me.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

The enemy is slob hunters. Bow hunters are our friends--and the ones I've known were great people.

Old 11-30-2007, 01:26 PM
Typical Buck

I dont know about an elitest attitude but I think we should all do our best to ethicly harvest game with whatever equipment we use.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:38 PM

like someone said they hunt with what ever is in season to hunt as much as they can, that is me, i think bowhunter sometimes think things to much, like if you shoot good with a bow, you dont have to shoot perfect, same thing with a gun, there isnt anything wrong with wanting to be a elitest but it can get annoying sometimes.

Quick Reply: Gun Hunters..what ya think of Bow Hunters?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.