Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Worth going out??

Old 11-30-2007, 08:11 AM

Default Worth going out??

this weekend is the last weekend of deer rifle here in oklahoma. I usually like going out whenever i can during rifle cause the hunters have the deer moving pretty much all the time. i know that theres going to be a bunch of guys out saturday but the conditions are going to be far from perfect for hunting. warm temperatures, wind up to 20 mph, and rain w/ thunder. i've already shot all the deer i want to shoot with a rifle this year so i've sworn myself to bowhunting the rest of the season.my question is, with the conditions forecasted as of now, would it even be worth going out with my bow this weekend?? or should i take a brake and hang christmas lights? i want honesty, but i also want encouragent.. and to know if i have a legitimate excuse to get out of the house this weekend
Old 11-30-2007, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Worth going out??

Honestly, it sounds to me like you don't have tha passion to go out this weekend. I don't recall ever needing encouragement to get out there to hunt. If you are not passionate about it for this weekend, then spend quality time with the family and let the deer live until next season.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:53 AM
Typical Buck

jensen, hang in there, we're in the same boat. I'll be out tonight and tomorrow until the wind hits 30 mph then I'll be back Sunday. Tonight should be good, the deer may move since ahead of therain tomorrow. Looks like Sunday will be a good day, I'll probably sit all day. I've been seeing most of my deer between 10 and 2. Remember the old cliche, you can't shoot 'em if you're not in the woods.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:58 AM

Yes it is worth going out but it sounds to me like you really don't want to go out anymore this season. If you wanted to go out you would not have posted this and let us know about how you have already gotten all the deer that you want to take and you would not have told us how bad the weather is supposed to be.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:13 AM

you guys make me laugh. rather than accept that i might just be kidding around a little bit, you give me the old "if the passion isnt there speech" please lay off the bs for just a little while. just because your kid says, "daddy i dont think i want to go to school tomorrow", do you reply "well son, if the passion isnt there, then you should probably stay home until next year." i think we can all agree thats a little lame. im willing to put money down that i hunt and fish just as much if not more than most of the guys on this site. hunting and fishing is my life. if i dont go deer hunting this weekend then i will be hunting for quail or other birds or fishing for catfishing or something outdoors. i do however, like to maximize my chances for success. if you could go out and slay the ducks on a day or go out and sleep in your deer stand knowing that your probably not going to see anything, which one would you do?? its common sense. i love all kinds of hunting equally, im not impartial to just deer so i branch out and play my cards. you guys judge others a little too quickly on this site. one d@mn post and you think that im not very serious about hunting. please try not to lay it on so thick in the future, your only kidding yourselves
Old 11-30-2007, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Obviously we should have known you were kidding since we all know you so very well. I must have forgot that you would go quail hunting if not deer hunting. Sorry bout' that.
I usually equate my kids schooling with hunting too. Yup, if my kid says she dont feel up to going to school then by gosh she shouldn't go. Schooling isn't that important.

Lighten up Francis

Old 11-30-2007, 11:22 AM
Dominant Buck

Hey a Mail Man has no excuse, the mail has to be delivered!Well, for those with a passion of hunting, Rain, Sleet nor Snow will keep them home!.............I think you should pass on this one!
Old 11-30-2007, 11:27 AM
Fork Horn

yes
Old 11-30-2007, 11:47 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: mjensen724

you guys make me laugh. rather than accept that i might just be kidding around a little bit, you give me the old "if the passion isnt there speech" please lay off the bs for just a little while. just because your kid says, "daddy i dont think i want to go to school tomorrow", do you reply "well son, if the passion isnt there, then you should probably stay home until next year." i think we can all agree thats a little lame. im willing to put money down that i hunt and fish just as much if not more than most of the guys on this site. hunting and fishing is my life. if i dont go deer hunting this weekend then i will be hunting for quail or other birds or fishing for catfishing or something outdoors. i do however, like to maximize my chances for success. if you could go out and slay the ducks on a day or go out and sleep in your deer stand knowing that your probably not going to see anything, which one would you do?? its common sense. i love all kinds of hunting equally, im not impartial to just deer so i branch out and play my cards. you guys judge others a little too quickly on this site. one d@mn post and you think that im not very serious about hunting. please try not to lay it on so thick in the future, your only kidding yourselves
Bud, I for one wasn't reeming you, just trying to answer your question.

As for the others, I think they were just trying to say that from your original post it sounded like you had your mind made up already. I don't think they were trying to question youroverall huntingpassion or ability imo.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:31 PM

ORIGINAL: DannyD

Obviously we should have known you were kidding since we all know you so very well. I must have forgot that you would go quail hunting if not deer hunting. Sorry bout' that.
I usually equate my kids schooling with hunting too. Yup, if my kid says she dont feel up to going to school then by gosh she shouldn't go. Schooling isn't that important.

Lighten up Francis

my point being Danny, (since you obviously dont know me so well and i have to explain myself), i vote that you get to know a person before you make assumptions about them. if i could make an assumption about you, having not formally met you yet, i'd say your a silly hypocrite who eagerly embraces every opportunity you get to criticize. but then again, i guess you have special rights because your a non-typical on this website having posted 1500 times and obviously have a lot to say. how do you make time to get out in the field when your on here so much?? anyways, thanks for your input, im sure if everyone shared your point of view the world would be a better place.

("lighten up francis"... thats a cute quote. did you have to surf google a little while to get it? )

Quick Reply: Worth going out??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.