Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Worth going out??

Old 11-30-2007, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Worth going out??

ORIGINAL: mjensen724

you guys make me laugh. rather than accept that i might just be kidding around a little bit, you give me the old "if the passion isnt there speech" please lay off the bs for just a little while. just because your kid says, "daddy i dont think i want to go to school tomorrow", do you reply "well son, if the passion isnt there, then you should probably stay home until next year." i think we can all agree thats a little lame. im willing to put money down that i hunt and fish just as much if not more than most of the guys on this site. hunting and fishing is my life. if i dont go deer hunting this weekend then i will be hunting for quail or other birds or fishing for catfishing or something outdoors. i do however, like to maximize my chances for success. if you could go out and slay the ducks on a day or go out and sleep in your deer stand knowing that your probably not going to see anything, which one would you do?? its common sense. i love all kinds of hunting equally, im not impartial to just deer so i branch out and play my cards. you guys judge others a little too quickly on this site. one d@mn post and you think that im not very serious about hunting. please try not to lay it on so thick in the future, your only kidding yourselves
Yea, we're supposed to know that you were kidding???
You ask a questions here, you get an answer....Personally, I had no reason but to take what was written as a legit question.

My answer would have been...If you have to ask, stay at home!

But then again I should have known that hunting and fishing is your life!
....Unlike most folks here on this hunting site...gimme a break!

It would be wise for you not to make that bet with me, 'cause you would lose. Why" ...Because you don't know me either and you surely don't know if I'm kidding.

Stay at home and hang your Chrsitmas lights!

Old 11-30-2007, 02:51 PM

Oh thank God somebody finally put everything into perspective!!! "you ask a questions" and hes gonna give it to you straight. you've got to be thankful for guys like jimmy who encourage people not to hunt or fish. we need more guys like him. he has taught me never to make a joke again, and has confirmed what everybody says about people from new hampshire. i'm going to go pawn my bow and gun now and hang my christmas lights. with all this extra time on my hands i'll probably have a pretty impressive display, i hope you all come to see it. God Bless, and Merry Christmas to all
Old 11-30-2007, 05:26 PM
Fork Horn

Go... a bad day in the treestand is better than a good day on the couch. The more time you're in the stand the more you learn.

Also, when you've got several days of bad weather, the deer(in my experience) will jump at the odd lull in the storm(youknow, that 15-45 minutes where it calms down for seemingly no reason at all)....

If it were me, I'd say get out there... but I put a special premium on any time i'm not tied to my desk...

Note: I'm glad I skipped the extra commentary and stuck to the orginal question. *sigh* televangelists, the lot of ya...
Old 11-30-2007, 05:50 PM

davoh, i honestly appreciate your feedback. thats what i was looking for when i started this thread.i'll be in my stand ready for action before the sun comes up tomorrow
Old 12-01-2007, 09:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

stay home
Old 12-01-2007, 09:43 PM

724, i would rather spend a bad day in the field then a day on the couch, but i said field if you dont want to go deer hunting dont, go tree rat hunting, or duck or quail or pheasant hunting.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hang the lights and quit wasting our time.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:32 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Steve F.in MD

Hang the lights and quit wasting our time.