Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How to keep out trespassers?

Old 11-24-2007, 09:08 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: How to keep out trespassers?

ORIGINAL: cootershooter

My grandpa and I have 86 acres of unmanaged, unhunted land, except this year I took a doe. But our neighbors on two sides put their stands within a few yards of our treeline, and my grandpa is strictly against anyone hunting on our land, I think more of his issue is with the trespassing because he busted his ass his whole life to have that sort of thing. But they defy him every year and shoot into our woods and then stroll on in there to get em. We have our land posted about every couple hundred feet and they know damn well what they're doin, I even had a gun pulled on me when i was 12 for trying to get em off. So my question is, what should we do in a situation like this to keep them off our land without putting up a fence, because that defeats the purpose I think. I bowhunt the land but only for 1 doe a year, and won't shoot any bucks under 10, but we want no one else on there. So, any suggestions would be wonderful. Thanks a ton guys. Oh, and the forums here are awesome, lots of knowledge. Thanks
Old 11-24-2007, 09:09 AM

Samething just happened to us at our lease.

We killed a hog and dumped all the guts inside his box.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:12 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: twelch

Samething just happened to us at our lease.

We killed a hog and dumped all the guts inside his box.

twelch, if we were on a Team I would not mention about the Avartar, but it's not nice to use someone elses Avatar.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

go over on there side of the fence, go sit in their stands
Old 11-24-2007, 10:31 AM

Well useually I take the first trespasser of the season, and stick a 12ft pole up his a$$. Then i walk into the open field and stick the pole in the ground with him still on top. That works pretty well for me. If that doesn't work i would say talk to the law...and if that doesnt work for ya an old fasioned a$$ whoopin might be in order...good luck
Old 11-24-2007, 11:14 AM

hey all. I'd like to thank everyone for such fast responses. We've had the wardens and the cops down there a few times but it doesn't seem to do much good. One of them has been busted numerous times for poaching and such, but just keeps on it. The camera idea is good, I completely overlooked that. My brother in law has some land in buffalo county and has some game cameras on it, I think I'll give that a try. I'm in marshfield wisconsin too just for an idea of where I am. THanks again everyone, it's much appreciated
Old 11-24-2007, 11:26 AM
Spike

just my two cents maybe set some trail cameras up to get photos and use them as evidence and just keep reporting them to the game warden cuz eventually he will get tired of hearing and he will have to do something
Old 11-24-2007, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Stae laws may vary,but in Texas that would be a a class "A" misdeameanor punishable by up to 1 year in jail and $4000 fine,crimanel tresspassing with a deadly weapon! We have problems on family land in Oklahoma also...everyone has atv's and they chase deer at night in a pasture where they can see us but they are unseen.Nothing personel guys but if you aren't hunting large tracts of land then learn to walk your lazy ass to hunt! Up there there's 2 types people on atv's...lazy or meth freaks running backroads stealing from empty deer camps! Dear old bro stings 1/4" cable about waist high so it will catch handle bars not person,he catches someone being stealthy and trying to hide in thicket during daylight,well they better like acorns cause he will fire for effect into tree very close!It's best to surrender and take his reprimand cause if he hits the tree it was intenional,he does not miss! We have found places beyond his cables that looked like tractor pulls with dirt tore up...guess that one worked!
Old 11-24-2007, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Razor wire instead of barbed...the deer can cross the hunters cant...
Old 11-24-2007, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Or post guard skunks every ten feet around your property.

Quick Reply: How to keep out trespassers?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.