Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Have you learned anything new this year >

Have you learned anything new this year

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Have you learned anything new this year

Old 11-23-2007, 10:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Have you learned anything new this year

Rifle season ends this weekend. I got two muleys but I didn't get my whitetail. Not for the lack of trying. I went out as much as I could but I never could put one down. I saw a lot. I would like to blame my equipment but in the end I know its me. But I have also learned a lot about whitetails and my equipment. What have you all learned this year, or in the past couple years that have helped you emensly.?

One thing that I have learned, acutally I already knew, but this was reinforced to me....ALWAYS CARRY TOILET PAPER....haha. don't ask.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:14 AM

Default RE: Have you learned anything new this year

Whether it's with you all the time, or stashed in the truck, HAVE SOME TYPE OF CLEANING ROD TO FREE YOUR BARREL OF OBSTRUCTIONS!!!

Mud, in my case.[:@]
Old 11-24-2007, 08:35 AM

that deer don't like me!!!!!!!. i didnt see 2 deer the whole season,i say 2 cause i did see one on opener.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:07 AM
Typical Buck

i learned not to fart when the wind blowing thrue your stand and towards the deer
Old 11-24-2007, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

i learned that id rather be drippin with sweat in the stand than cool for 6 hours.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:34 AM
Fork Horn

I don't know whyI didn't think of this before.Bring along a short small cord to tie one back Leg up on a tree making it easier to Fielddress.Bring along Baby Wipes for clean up,I used them to wipe Blood off my Hands and Knife.

big rockpile
Old 11-24-2007, 06:22 PM

dont count the points on a downed deer, unless your ABSOLUTLY SURE its dead!!!!
Old 11-24-2007, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Learned how much I love still hunting during a midday rainstorm...
Old 11-24-2007, 07:13 PM

always bring toilet paper
Old 11-24-2007, 07:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am not a trophy hunter. I just like having a good hunt and taking a deer - either a buck or a doe, it doesn't matter to me. I took a buck the evening of the opening day. I had a doe permit also, but I made some mistakes. I found myself preferring to watch a football game -- the Dallas Cowboys -- on Thursday, Thanksgiving day, rather than hunting. I realized that I was looking at the hunting as directed to getting the deer rather than the process or state of hunting. I know, sounds sort of weird. But to me it is more than the act of killing the deer, it is the whole process and state of hunting. 5 seconds of viewing and shooting the deer and the whole show is over. It is more, for me, of the process and flow of hunting than the actual pay off. I realized I should be out hunting where I have the chance of learning more stuff. And I did learn a little -- I found a place where deer were slipping under a fence, as can be seen from deer hair on the fence. So, keep actively hunting.

Quick Reply: Have you learned anything new this year

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.