Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunt Etiquette

Old 11-23-2007, 09:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default Hunt Etiquette

Went out for my first gun hunt today to a spot my buddy told me to go. Got out a little later then I wanted: Finally in a tree about 6...wanted at least 5. I noticed a blind behind me while setting up but it was empty. I got up in my tree about 6 or so. At about 630, down the trail I was watching, comes a hunter...I knew where he was headed..I chirped at him but no luck. He set up right behind me (20 feet) and the minute he settle in, he saw me...he quickly apologized and moved out. So...my point is...Is it first come first serve so to speak? You own the ground if you are there first?
Old 11-23-2007, 09:31 PM

Default RE: Hunt Etiquette

id say so, wat was he going to do steal your deer?
Old 11-23-2007, 09:46 PM
Fork Horn

No not steal my deer....I am new to hunting...and if I see you out there..I want to do the right thing....
Old 11-23-2007, 10:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ive done that, makes the heart skip a little when you look up and realize someone IS looking at you. First come firts serve is the rule of thumb I follow when on public land.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:45 PM

I was agreeing with you that was just a comment
Old 11-24-2007, 04:22 AM
Fork Horn

used a small flash light to let them know you are there.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:38 AM

on public land , it's kinda first come first served.since he already had his blind setup, then I would say he was first come. JMHO
I always take my light and flash it a couple times to let that person know I am there.whistle or speak lowly.ya never know when they may shoot at a turkey or other bird that takes off flying in youre direction.ya may get shot outta your tree;let them know you there..

Old 11-24-2007, 07:09 AM

First of all, if it's public land is he allowed to leave a blind there? And second of all why would you set a stand in front of someones blind and then be shocked when someone comes to hunt it? Doesn't make sense to me. I would have just looked for a different spot to begin with. You sort of ruined the guys hunt by throwing a stand up in front of his blind.

Paul
Old 11-24-2007, 08:05 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

First of all, if it's public land is he allowed to leave a blind there? And second of all why would you set a stand in front of someones blind and then be shocked when someone comes to hunt it? Doesn't make sense to me. I would have just looked for a different spot to begin with. You sort of ruined the guys hunt by throwing a stand up in front of his blind.

Paul
agreed.....technically he was there before you to set his stuff up....if you saw he had his blind already up u really should have just found another spot....ur just lucky he was a nice guy about it and decided to move for you....
Old 11-24-2007, 09:25 AM
Typical Buck

atleast he apologized he probly didnt know that your climbing stand was rite there he probly put up that blind before you he was there first........im suprised he left......

Quick Reply: Hunt Etiquette

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.