Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

this sucks

Old 11-17-2007, 11:17 AM

Default this sucks

today we were hunting,and not seeing anythain,then we were driving to this last spot and next to the road there was this little draw,and my dad told us to go stand on that point there is sometimes deer in there.so thinking it was a waste of time only i walk up there,to see a little doe looking at me,so i got excited,and then a whole herd of does took off running and a big ol mulie behind them and he stopped about 150-200 yards away,AND I MISSED...TWICE,so then my brother came and shot 3 times while it was runing with his 223 wssm and my dads friend shot 1 time with his 243,and outa all that we still didnt hit him.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:25 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: this sucks

That is always the way it goes. When you least expect it to happen................ it will.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

find it a little irresponsible myself to shoot 6 times at a running target at 200 yards.. honestly did you expect to hit it that far away.. I hate when hunters are out in the woods just slammin off shot after shot.. sounds like a damn circus and thats what gives hunters the bad name, and the redneck claims right there!!
Old 11-17-2007, 11:52 AM

/\ go screw your self
Old 11-17-2007, 07:59 PM
Fork Horn

Is that a Red Neck response? The man was stating his opinion and your reply was uncalled for. However if the shoe fits Bubba.

Paul
Old 11-18-2007, 09:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats my opinion and I know I share public woods with people that do this exact thing.. they just slam off shot after shot.. not only are you going to miss the intended target, but you may hit another hunter in the woods.. you need to realize you arent the only person in the woods and one of your "stray" bullets from a 200 yard running target may go and hit smething you dont want them to..
The thing that bugs me the most is that the people firing off shot after shot are the type of "hunters", and I use that word lightly, that are the redneck "if its brown its down" type of poor ethical hunting fools that give us true ethical and sportsmanlike hunters the bad names..
Old 11-19-2007, 04:11 AM
Typical Buck

I agree w/ fingerz42. I had the same thing happen to me this past spring hunting turkeys - except the guy that nearly shot me was a trespasser.

Old 11-19-2007, 05:30 AM

that "brown its down thing" isnt that bad. it just mans if u see a shotable deer (buck OR doe) with a good shot,SHOOT IT!!! And just because someone says that doesnt classify them as a "redneck".
Old 11-19-2007, 06:30 AM
Fork Horn

Most people slamming shots from 150 yards and up at a running animal don't even know if they hit it or not. They may have hit it somewhere other than a vital shot and the animal is running around wounded and will most likely die later. This is the reason i quite gun hunting and went back to archery. It just isn't safe with guys winging bullets all over the woods!!

Either way better luck next time. It comes with time but you will need to be able to calm yourself down and get a steady rest to shoot from and that shot can be done with one safe shot.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

My point exactly Super G, and judging by what this guy said in his post I would be EXTREMELY surprised if any of the three guys who shot actually walked the 200 yards to go check for blood.. for all they know the deer could have been hit, just not very well and is now walking around wounded or dead.. At 200 yards and running even if you connect on a shot your chances of a vital hit are VERY low unless you are skilled in target shooting at moving targets and at those ranges.. people like this make me scared to go out during rifle season..

Quick Reply: this sucks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.