Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Driving a car to your hunt

Old 11-16-2007, 12:44 PM

Default RE: Driving a car to your hunt

Nothing wrong with hauling your kill back on the hood or outside of a car. People, PETA or not are always slowing down to get a good look at serious car accidents; looking for carnage, so a single deer on a hood? Big deal.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:56 PM
Fork Horn

I put the deer on a tarp in the back of the minivan.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:33 PM

I drove a car this year for the first time but didnt do anything different then any other year. Simply skin, quarter, and cut off any remaining meat then put it all in coolers or even the plastic tubs from walmart if your local climate allows it. This is all done in the evening after the hunt so i dont waste any hunting time. After getting home, debone everything, freeze the roasts and loins, throw the stew/burger meat in the fridge and make burger sometime the next week. This works best for me as i drive 300+ miles to deer camp, twice (illinois's seperate seasons, whole seperate topic/rant).
Good luck
Old 11-19-2007, 04:10 PM
Fork Horn

Saturday morning we stoped for coffee at the local 7/11. A fellow hunterwas alsoinside the store gathering some thing before the morning hunt. Dressed in ablaze coat and hat with camo pants and boots, he was definatly heading to the woods this morning.This guy was driving a Washington Flyer taxi cab to go deer hunting. Imagine pickingup a fare on the way back from hunting, and you have a deer in the trunk. No room in the trunk for you bags, you will have to tie them to the roof, since the trunk is already full.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:19 PM
Typical Buck

we have a trailer tow be hind that we put it in and sometime its already proseseced
Old 11-20-2007, 05:28 PM

lol...this reminds me of last deer season (nov 3- nove 18,07) a guy had a small car(looked like a geo metro) on one of these dirt roads my bus goes down. when i saw it i couldn't help but laugh.it was there for a couple straite days.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:44 PM

Well for me we own 24 acres and half of it is woods so I just hunt here at my house. But whenI go hunting with my friend we always take his truck. But when I go hunting at my uncle's I just call either my grandpa and ask to borrow his truck because he lives a few minutes away or I just ask my uncle if I can use his truck.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:45 PM
Fork Horn

Minivan with the back seat folded down and slid forward. Open up a tarp, insert deer, fold tarp over the top. Done.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:55 PM

The heat from the engine, the road grime, exhaust fumes all getting to the meat you hunted for. Not worth it to me, coolers or the trunk, only way to go....
Old 11-20-2007, 07:11 PM

When I started really hunting deer I had a 1968 LeMans Tempest Fastback with a
positive traction rear end. I drove that thing through some of the worst mud roads
Mississippi had to offer. On a rare occasion I had to be pullled out. But I always just
tossed the deer in the trunk. Kept a plastic roll in the trunk to line it. Throw it away
after every kill. We all have to start somewhere!!!!!!
Eric S. Stacy
P.S. Don't put a deer on the hood. Heat from the engine will certainly ruin your meat you spent so much time and money on getting! Trunk or roof !
P.S.S. Make sure the plasticcatches all the blood. If not,when you remove the deer and plastic, you will still have juices rottingnow in your trunk and will take some time to get rid of them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.