Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

No luck for me...

Old 11-12-2007, 08:09 AM
Spike

Default No luck for me...

I didn't see ANYTHING this weekend.. well no deer that is. I did see an eagle and hawks, a few cows and horses tho... . But, despite my bad luck, my dad was only about 200 yards from me and got a small 4x4 and the next day my brother got a nice 4x4. I don't have any pictures up here and I'm at work but feel free to check out my myspace blog "Opening Weekend" @ www.myspace.com/tweiderh (enjoy the pictures ). I plan to go to a different spot this Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. I'm trying to hold off shooting a doe because I'd really like to keep up with the guys in my family but.... if Saturday/Sunday come and all I see are doe I guess I'll just have to have a crack at one of them. Although the deer action was non existent for me, I really loved getting back out there and was pleasantly reminded of how great mornings in the woods are Can't wait to get back out there later this week!
Old 11-12-2007, 10:09 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: No luck for me...

Me either, and I was hoping to see something since I just got a brand new set of ASAT cammies. [&o]
Old 11-12-2007, 10:16 AM
Spike

Default RE: No luck for me...

It's terrible isn't it?! The worst part is I KNOW there are deer where I was and the trails have been being used.... I'm going to chalk it up to being in the wrong place at the wrong time and look forward to the end of this week. By then hopefully everyone else hunting the area will have their fill and maybe I'll see a nice one...or at least see one nice or not!