Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Shortest Shot

Old 11-13-2007, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Shortest Shot

i got run over by a buck last year. Ive tried tackeling deer onece. Got the snot kicked out of me by a fawn that just jumped into my arms! Ive shot deer so close to me that I swear I saw the muzzle flash on the other side of the deer!
Old 11-13-2007, 09:55 AM
Spike

15 yards and he was moving! Had to lead him like he were a duck! Wonder what he had on his mind?
Old 11-13-2007, 10:32 AM
Fork Horn

3 steps. 20 gauge loaded with #0 buckshot. My 1st deer.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:43 PM
Fork Horn

I shot one with my bow at 8 feet on the ground. I was up in a tree stand and he(6point) went by me to far out. I knew where he was headed and when he got out of sight I got down and booked around to head him off. I just tucked up next to a maple tree and he walks out o the brush in front of me broadside. I heard him coming so drew back before he cleared the brush. He jumped at the hit and walked about 12 steps and turned around and looked my way and fell over dead!

With my 12 gauge I shot a 7 pointer at 10 feet dead on in the chest as he was running towards me. I was going to a stand on a creek and going through some brush and I hear a big comotion going on. Crashing and such. It was two deer running. I stopped statue still and here comes a doe right at me! She runs right by me within a foot! And 20 yards behind her here comes the buck. I am still not sure if I shot him because I was hunting deer or if I shot him out of self defense. When I shot he bent back and turned so hard I got pelted with sod and he actually ran 50 yards before piling up.

I kind of prefer em around 20 yards that 10 feet and less stuff gets pretty intense!! I had a fawn come up within 6 inches of putting her nose on me while sitting in a swamp one day. She knew I was not supposed to be there and kept getting closer to check me out. When I moved my head a bit when she was that close she just about turned inside out. I almost peed myself. Man I love hunting!!
Old 11-13-2007, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

10 yards - doe - 12 ga Mossberg. When she first passed me, though, I could have poked her with the barrel. Her two friends also passed within 5 yards of me. It was the first deer I took on my new property. I took it as a very good sign.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:09 PM
Fork Horn

15 feet up in my tree stand, the deer was about 5 feet out in front of me. 300 Weatherby Mag.
i got lucky becasue I had the bow drawn when she was about 20 yards out but on coming.... she finally stopped right in front of me in a nearly straight down shot out in front of me. Hit her right over the spine and dropped her instantly.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

About 15 yards with my bow
Old 11-14-2007, 06:10 AM
Spike

15 yards w/ my bow this year...
Old 11-14-2007, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

7 yards
Old 11-14-2007, 10:17 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: buffhntr

I shot a deer directly under my stand with a bow
Same. 12' stand. with a bow. I have shot 2 deer with shotguns about 10 feet away. One was a doe who I would have let walk if she didn't want to run me over.

Quick Reply: Shortest Shot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.