Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

rut is on, cant hunt.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:19 AM

Default rut is on, cant hunt.

im about to go crazy over here. i was hunting everyday after work untill time changed now i cant get in my stand in time. this sucks. the best time of the year, the rut is on and im stuck at work and cant get off intime. who else is in my shoes? and what do yall do about it? got the week of thanksgiving off but im scared the peak of the rut will be over by then and wont see the big boys.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:20 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: rut is on, cant hunt.

The rut has started getting hot and heavy here lately. The bucks are running does every night. Bucks are even mounting them and season doesn't start for 2 more days!!!! Iknow exactly where you are coming from. Last year at this time, I was out bowhunting for almost 2 months already. I feel way behind.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:23 AM

My problem is a little different. The rut is pretty much in full gear here, the only problem is temps are well above average and they don't seem to want to move. a little frustrating.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:37 AM
Dominant Buck

I have the same problem, I get off work at 2:30 PM but my wife is rarely able to leave before 4:45 and we have a 40 minute commute home. This pretty much leaves me weekends and vacation days.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:39 PM

it takes me 30min to get to work and i have to be here at 9. i think i might go in the mornings and sit untill about 8:15 but i never see anything in the mornings because i hunt around alot of fields and the deer always see/hear me going in. its the only place i have lockons at.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's what sick days are for. I think I feel a fever coming on.