Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Stiffed by BBBC-Ohio

Old 11-08-2007, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Stiffed by BBBC-Ohio

I had myBuck ( shot in 2006)scored for the Buckeye Big Buck Club ( BBBC) this year. It costs $25.00 to enter the club, if your buck scores 140+. My buck made it and I paid the $25.00 fee with cash, but did not get a receipt ( my fault). It didn't even cross my mind until a couple of days later, but I thought, it's the BBBC, I can trust them. Wrong!
When you make the club, they send you an invitation in November to the BBBC Banquet, where you get honored with everyone else who's buck made it that year. Well, I checked the BBBC website, since I hadn't received my invite yet, and low and behold, the banquet has already taken place! I emailed them about my problem, but of course, I haven't heard anything back. All I can say is that it is a lesson learned on my part, and luckily, only $25.00 lost.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:28 AM

Default RE: Stiffed by BBBC-Ohio

You should always pay for things with something that is trackable these days, such as a check or credit/debit card. That is just my opinion.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:15 AM

Samething happened to me. I harvested a good buck that scored 160" nontypical. They gave me my ribbon at the Ohio Deer & Turkey show, I paid the $$ and nothing ever came of it.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: stevencm

You should always pay for things with something that is trackable these days, such as a check or credit/debit card. That is just my opinion.
You sure are 100% right.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DeerHuntinDan

Samething happened to me. I harvested a good buck that scored 160" nontypical. They gave me my ribbon at the Ohio Deer & Turkey show, I paid the $$ and nothing ever came of it.
No kidding? I wonder how many other folks they have stiffed as well?
Old 11-08-2007, 02:45 PM
Bartender

If it is like our Wisconsin big buck you pay 2 fees. One for the deer to be entered into the books and one to be a member of the club. Sounds like you guys paid for the buck just to be entered and when the book comes out you will be in it.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

BBBC is not like that. You pay one fee only which enters your buck and gets you invited to the banquet.