Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Opening Day Muzzleloading Season In Virginia! How'd yall do? >

Opening Day Muzzleloading Season In Virginia! How'd yall do?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Opening Day Muzzleloading Season In Virginia! How'd yall do?

Old 11-03-2007, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Opening Day Muzzleloading Season In Virginia! How'd yall do?

Hey, today was opening day here in virginia east of the blue ridge just wondering how everyone else did today. I did pretty good. Got in the woods around 6 and shot at a buck at 730 not knowing how big. I thought i missed him, because he did not jumpor act scared at all,so i stayed in the stand for another hour and a half and it got too cold to stay in the stand any longer so i went and looked where i had shot at him. I looked every where and there was not a single drop of blood. Walked up about twenty yards where i saw him stumble a little bit and there was a drop of blood, then another, looked up and there he was. Ending up it being a big bodied 3 pointer (missing brow on right antler). Please reply would like to see how everyone else did.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:53 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Opening Day Muzzleloading Season In Virginia! How'd yall do?

Wife had to work, I played Mr. Mom.

Old 11-04-2007, 04:33 AM
M38
Spike

I went out in the morning until 11, but didn't see anything. Still had fun though & I will be out next Fri. & Sat.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:25 AM
Typical Buck

hunted almost on the blue ridge parkway,where you'd think there would be lots of game. nothing,we didn't see any deer or sign that they were there. one land owner told us that he hadn't seen a deer in months and he had 2 truck loads of apples in his yard. i guess the lack of acorns and all the coyotes have moved them out.oh,well i'm off the whole month to hunt so there's plenty of time.

srwshooter
Old 11-04-2007, 10:53 AM

I saw a nice 8 point mature buck. Came from behind out of nowhere. Walked right underneath me. I got him to stop and turn at 55yds but I missed! First hunt with my muzzleloader and first time with a scoped gun. I'm dead on atrange but i got buckfever and couldnt get get my face positioned right to have the scope focus. I pulled the trigger and went right over his back. But I'm still happy. I took the advice of this forum and stayewd in stand during lunch and thats when he came out. Big Body, black tipped antlers and coat was blackish as well. Must have been real old.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:05 AM
Fork Horn

Opening day was good, at 11:30 I had a nice size doe come in at 5 yards I decided o let her walk with the anticipationof seeing a buck soon didn't happen. At 5:15 another doe walks in towards me I bleated a few times she stopped 20 yards out and I let the CVA magbolt rip directly in the chest she piled up no more then 10 yards. I'll post the pictures of the 295 gr powerblet after it's impact later.