Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Illinois Slug season

Old 10-29-2007, 11:56 AM

Default RE: Illinois Slug season

I'll be out in crawford county with an older knight .50 cal.
Should be a good season (say that every year ). Cant beat them oil pumps for ground blinds.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Would really like to stick one with a bow, butjust in case I will be out with my 870....
Old 10-30-2007, 08:40 AM
Typical Buck

I will be safely sitting out this gun season. It seems everytime I go during slug season I get walked in on, and or totally frustrated with the ethics of the other hunters. So good luck, but I'll stick to my sticks and strings. By the way, where are all of the Illinois boys from.

P.S. If you hunt with an outfitter or are an outfitter in Illinois, I don't care where you hunt, so don't tell me.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

i use to live just outside of chicago bout 25 miles, now im down in carbondale for college. i hunt in edgar county though! out of curiosity, hwere you hunting on public land when people where walking in on you? what county do you live in? i know some people in a couple different counties that own land, and i might be able to help you out. (im not an outfiter, nor do i know were any are in illinois)
Old 10-30-2007, 11:57 AM
Typical Buck

Andy,
No, this is on private ground, and I'm sure they had permission to hunt it, but it is just common courtesy to not park behind somebody else's truck and hunt there, especially on 20A. I graduated from SIU last May in Agri-Business, I hunted a little in Giant City. In fact, I'm coming down tomarrow for Halloween with my friends. Oh, I'm from Edwards county, and thanks for the offer, but I think I'm set on hunting ground right now, that is until it get's leased up. Don't get me on my outfitting rant, I hate them!
Old 10-30-2007, 03:16 PM
Typical Buck

Same 4 me, except jealously i admit I only have the encore, not the pro hunter, but it barks just as well!!! I am pretty excited but can't get my mind off of bowhunting right now!!!
Old 10-30-2007, 03:17 PM
Typical Buck

meant to quote IL-Cornfed in my last post!
Old 10-30-2007, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Splitear Leland,
coming here tomorrow huh! just incase you where unaware, it is almost dry here! they outlawed all sales of kegs from the 20th of october till thursday! so if you where planning on hitting up a house, well it might not be all you remember!!!! (i have only heard the way it use to be) Agri-business huh, thats what i plan on minoring in! is hunting in Giant City any good? i was trying to find someone to let me hunt on there land but so far i have had bum luck![:@] well have fun tomorrow!!!!
Old 10-30-2007, 05:30 PM

I will be hunting in woodford county this season. I also hunt fulton county.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:11 AM
Typical Buck

Andy,
Yeah, they have put a tight grip on Halloween down there, but it's still alot of fun. Giant City kind of sucks compared to hunting private ground, but it was still nice to hunt down there. I live about two hours north of C-Dale, so I got to come home on the weekends and hunt alot. If you're looking for a place to party tonite come over to Copper. See ya later.

Quick Reply: Illinois Slug season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.