Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

BP Opener.......

Old 10-22-2007, 10:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default BP Opener.......

This was one of those weird days we all experience one time or another. Was kinda funny after we thought about it.
I stayed at my bud`s place last night as today was the opener for BP season. Thought we`d save some time this way as we wanted to be in the field early in the A.M. Well, first off, he forgot to set the alarm so we did`nt get up till 8AM. After slamming down an instant coffee, we were on our merry way. Just outside the city it suddenly occurs to my bud he has forgotten his wallet(drivers`and hunting licence included). We rush back to his place and it takes us an hour to find the d**n thing(9:30AM now)! Off we go again!
So, it takes just under an hour to get to our spot. We turn off the highway and onto the gravel road and have driven about a mile when we are pulled over by the wardens(three of them)! After 20 minutes of "pleasantries" we are on our way again. Fifteen minutes later we are at our spot. Donning our gear and loading the BPs, we set off.
I think we must have walked a whole three minutes when a nice doe came walking down the trail. As she had her head down, she didn`t see us. At fifty yards we both dropped to our knees, aimed, I fired first and she dropped where she stood.

I think it was around 11:45AM when we loaded her into the back of the Yota.
Ever have one of those days?

Ron
Old 10-22-2007, 10:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: BP Opener.......

i know what your talking about. happens so fast into your hunt and its like "is that it?" nice doe btw!
Old 10-23-2007, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cool story. Congrats on the doe. She looks pretty big.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:52 AM
Spike

Yeah I had that happen last year. Walked up on a doe about the same distance you killed yours, she looked at me I shot she ran aproximately 10 yards and was down. Nice sized doe you got there..........Shaun
[align=left] [/align]
Old 10-24-2007, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sometimes things happen for a reason, right?
Old 10-24-2007, 12:45 PM

Nice doe!