Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Well, this encounter was weird. >

Well, this encounter was weird.

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Well, this encounter was weird.

Old 10-23-2007, 04:09 PM

Default RE: Well, this encounter was weird.

ORIGINAL: pm69442

And I don't take offense at your pride in wanting to display your deer.....but it helps me make my mind up on who I wouldn't go hunt with. It's just a matter of common courtesy and common sense......and............nuff said

Common courtesy? Common sense? I dont understand your logic, im sorry. Dead animals lay all over the roads across the US, yet this guy has to hide his legal kill? I think its this kind of attitude that has sensitized non hunters. Im not patronizing anyone. If you dont like the visual of my harvested animal, maybe think about where your next meal came from!
Old 10-23-2007, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Kind of a childish attitude I think.
ORIGINAL: peeker

The guys who kiss each other on the lips don't hide it because I'll be offended. Therefore...... I'll show off my dead critters all day long. If I have to learn to accept others as they are.. then they will have to learn to accept me.

ORIGINAL: furgitter

Nothing wrong with being proud of the kill, but be respectfull of non hunters too. Lots of people are grossed out by a dead animal. Just like I am grossed out by two men kissing each other on the lips!
Old 10-23-2007, 05:29 PM

I think that nowadays, with so many people on the fence about hunting, it's better to not display a dead deer in such a manner. Who knows? That could make up someone's mind about it. I know lots of people who wouldn't wanna see a dead deer and I'm sure you do too. Also it seems a little less respectful to the animal too, in my opinion.

On another note: Not trying to fuel the fire or anything but I have a question. To those that do transport deer like that, do you field dress them first? If so, does road debris and stuff get onto the cavity/in the meat? It seems like it would to me, depending on how it's laying.
--B
Old 10-23-2007, 07:57 PM
Spike

Acceptance of others and their ways is childish? Most of us teach our children from a young age to accept a person as an equal regardless of skin color, religion, handicaps, or the fact that they may not be as smart as our children. Rightfully so... As a matter of fact, some of our forefathers gave their very lives to guarantee those RIGHTS to be an individual. I don't ask anyone to hide who they are, and I won't hide who I am, after all it is my RIGHT to be different from them. I chose to exercise my privilege to hunt (which incidentally I think should also be a RIGHT to do so). I don't ask anyone to agree with it, I merely ask acceptance. The same acceptance I afford them should be afforded me in return. That, after all, is what we teach our children right?
Old 10-23-2007, 09:11 PM
Typical Buck

What part of "Keep your kill low-key" did ya'll miss while growing up? That crap may have flown 50 years ago, but do it today and a cop or game-warden will pull you over in my state and educate you. While it is not illegal to transport a deer in the open, itshould be COMMON SENSEthat not everyone appeciates it.You guys parading carcasses around town on your atv or with the tailgate down are just begging to piss of someone who could've cared less about hunting last week. Please guys, brag at the processors or at the hunt camp.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:18 PM

No one said he was bragging.I can't beleive some of you guys. You know what gays and lesbians offend me but i'm not going to tell you what you can and can't do. First its not being allowed to "display" your game while transporting and it snowballs from there. Unbeleivable.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:28 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: AmateurHunter44857

No one said he was bragging.I can't beleive some of you guys. You know what gays and lesbians offend me but i'm not going to tell you what you can and can't do. First its not being allowed to "display" your game while transporting and it snowballs from there. Unbeleivable.
Does anyone understand this response? What exactlyare you getting at?
Old 10-25-2007, 06:31 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: BigTiny

ORIGINAL: dhunterinla

I live in Monroe, but I hunt in Union Parish. The turnoff to my club is off of Hwy. 2 through Farmerville.

Francis Creek? I used to have a house on the lake down there.
My turnoff is onto Cherry Ridge Road and about 5 miles down the road after that.

Old 10-25-2007, 07:58 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: dhunterinla

After getting back to my camp, I put my atv with the deer strapped to it in the back of my truck, and left for home, which is about a 50 mile drive.
If I load my Rancher in the back of my Quad Cab Dakota it's riding on the open tailgate. I wouldn't have anywhere to put the deer in the bed either. He can ride the seat, ride the rack or be stuffed underneath, but he's not riding in the cab. I don't know what kind of truck or what kind of ATV, but in some cases there's no choice. I don't think there was any intent to "parade" a dead deer around for the public to see. Just a guy getting his deer home the best way he knew how to.

Depending on my mood, I'd have stopped and explained to the woman.......

Good mood- "This is the only way I have to transport it miss, I apologize if my legal harvest of an animal offends you."

Bad mood- "Here miss, allow me to hold it's head up so you can get a good clear photo....by the way, can you send me a copy of it?"

Old 10-25-2007, 08:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GRIZZLYMAN

ORIGINAL: AF Hunter

I'd watch the tree hugger sites and see if the picture shows up. Then if it does, look for identifying factors such as license plate and if there is anything like that, talk to a lawyer and sue em till they have nothing left.
Yeah, if you didn't sign a release, they can't use that picture, under Federal Copyright laws, I believe.
Im pretty sure that if you take a picture in a public place you can do what you want with it, this might even be true for private proptery. These laws can be pretty murky....but im no expert and i dont know the local laws.

Anyways, like said before, u can transport your kill any way you want! We always make sure the bucks heads are propped up on our trailer when we come back from hunting camp. Whats anybody gunna do or say about it to a bunch of hunters driving in lifted pickup truck?

Quick Reply: Well, this encounter was weird.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.