Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Well, this encounter was weird. >

Well, this encounter was weird.

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Well, this encounter was weird.

Old 10-23-2007, 12:55 PM

Default RE: Well, this encounter was weird.

Although it shouldn't matter how you transport your deer, as long as it's safe, I have to side with PM69442 on this one. There are some ways to transport that are simply more 'respectable' to non-hunters that don't wanna see a dead deer strapped to an atv going down the highway. Mine are in my pickup bed, covered by the tonneau. I personally don't mind seeing it, but what about the little kids with non-hunting parents? They can be swayed to hate hunting if their only experiences are seeing dead animals strapped to trucks. I'd say next time, wrap it up (this would protect it from road debris as well) or place it where it cannot be seen so easily. It's fine to be proud, but not everyone wants to see a carcass on their way to work. We should respect that, I think. JMHO.
-- B
Old 10-23-2007, 01:23 PM

ORIGINAL: Branson

Although it shouldn't matter how you transport your deer, as long as it's safe, I have to side with PM69442 on this one. There are some ways to transport that are simply more 'respectable' to non-hunters that don't wanna see a dead deer strapped to an atv going down the highway. Mine are in my pickup bed, covered by the tonneau. I personally don't mind seeing it, but what about the little kids with non-hunting parents? They can be swayed to hate hunting if their only experiences are seeing dead animals strapped to trucks. I'd say next time, wrap it up (this would protect it from road debris as well) or place it where it cannot be seen so easily. It's fine to be proud, but not everyone wants to see a carcass on their way to work. We should respect that, I think. JMHO.
-- B
I agree with you, and that was well said. I was thinking of putting it like this:
“Everyone knows I fart, but I don’t stick it in theirface. That would be rude!!”

But your wording was better!
Old 10-23-2007, 01:32 PM

ORIGINAL: refross
“Everyone knows I fart, but I don’t stick it in face. That would be rude!!”

But your wording was better!
I have to disagree. Your's was way better!
-- B
Old 10-23-2007, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing wrong with being proud of the kill, but be respectfull of non hunters too. Lots of people are grossed out by a dead animal. Just like I am grossed out by two men kissing each other on the lips!
Old 10-23-2007, 01:41 PM

If she was following behind me taking pictures, I would tap on my brakes to get her to back off. Thats just what I would do.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:58 PM

ORIGINAL: dhunterinla

I live in Monroe, but I hunt in Union Parish. The turnoff to my club is off of Hwy. 2 through Farmerville.

Francis Creek? I used to have a house on the lake down there.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: dhunterinla

I live in Monroe, but I hunt in Union Parish. The turnoff to my club is off of Hwy. 2 through Farmerville.

I hunt in Union Parish also.Ever heard of Lillie? I have 100 acres there and lease another 113 next to my property. I live in West Monroe. Do you do any turkey hunting on your club?
Old 10-23-2007, 03:35 PM
Spike

The guys who kiss each other on the lips don't hide it because I'll be offended. Therefore...... I'll show off my dead critters all day long. If I have to learn to accept others as they are.. then they will have to learn to accept me.

ORIGINAL: furgitter

Nothing wrong with being proud of the kill, but be respectfull of non hunters too. Lots of people are grossed out by a dead animal. Just like I am grossed out by two men kissing each other on the lips!
Old 10-23-2007, 03:44 PM
Fork Horn

In Kansas it's not legal to display any dead animal to the public,they must be covered
Old 10-23-2007, 03:51 PM
Fork Horn

And I don't take offense at your pride in wanting to display your deer.....but it helps me make my mind up on who I wouldn't go hunt with. It's just a matter of common courtesy and common sense......and............nuff said

Quick Reply: Well, this encounter was weird.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.