Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 I hung my stands in 90+ Degrees >

I hung my stands in 90+ Degrees

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I hung my stands in 90+ Degrees

Old 10-06-2007, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I hung my stands in 90+ Degrees

Well I finally went and hung my stands for bow and gun seasons. It was hotter than all get out but I got it done. Attached is the photo of my land where I put the stands and a possible site for the 4th. Stand one is in the southwest corner along an old farming lane where two big deer trails enter my property. The second stand is in the southeast corner where the farm lane enters the next property. The third is in an oak grove where there is a huge trail leading in from the property to the north. The possible stand site is on the west where I've seen deer coming into in the morning. What do y'all think? P.S. It was hotter than the ring around a rattlesnakes butt today! Hope it cools off soon.

Old 10-06-2007, 04:31 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: I hung my stands in 90+ Degrees

looks like some good locations for some stands. I would put a fourth stand near that pond near a deer trail leading to an obvious watering point. With this hot weather, they have to get a drink sometime.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

The possible 4th is between the food to the west and the water (pond) to the east. They have been bedding between where I am thinking about putting a stand and the edge of the pond.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'd take time to walk/ride the entire perimeter of the property noting trails. Not knowing what is planted in the contiguous fields makes it hard to have an idea of their preferred food sources, but the food is the key till the rut. The area due west of the pond dam and the area a little southeast of the head of the pond look interesting.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

There are trails leading in the Southwest corner, Southeast Corner and on the North side of the property by the Oak Grove. I don't see any trails leading in on the West side at all but have seen deer bedding in the area of the possible 4th stand. I don't know if they are travelling all the way down there from the North end or coming in from the South. I do have a doe with 2 fawns that walk by the house every night and morning and head into the area North of the dam.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:41 PM
Typical Buck

Looks like your set to go.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:48 AM
Fork Horn

i think you will have good luck........and i hope it finally starts to cool down to about 30 degrees
Old 10-08-2007, 11:26 AM

I put mine up Saturday in 90*+ heat as well, just a ways east of you. I swear I sweat off 10 pounds (that I promtly put back on in Keystone Light.) I sure hope it cools off so I can go sit out there without sweating to death or having to worry about meat spoiling before I recover my deer.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well today is supposed to be the first day of the break in the weather. When I went to check my cameras after work, it was 68 degrees. On the way up my lane, I had 4 deer (yearlings) walk across the road in front of me. They are definately getting active earlier. Good luck to all!
Old 10-08-2007, 09:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

welcome to our world, hunting in weather over 90 degrees is common here