Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 EnduraSkin and layering question... >

EnduraSkin and layering question...

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

EnduraSkin and layering question...

Old 10-03-2007, 10:42 PM

Default EnduraSkin and layering question...

Bass Pro currently has their EnduraSkin base layers on sale. I wouldn't really say much of a sale, but way cheaper than Under Armor and the others. After hearing so many good things about it being able to keep you cool and dry on hotter days and warm and dry on cold days, I'm thinking about getting a top and bottom. I've never used anything similiar while hunting so I'm not quite sure how warm it would be during the winter months. Being down south, there's really no telling how the weather will be any given day. It could be freezing in the morning and scorching by noon. For any of you that have any experiences using this product or any of the similiar products, what temperature you think this would remain comfortable in without getting too cold? EnduraSkin base layers, long sleeve shirt and BDU pants, ArticShield Parka and Insulated Bibs. I'm trying to get an idea of how well the base layers really work as I've heard a ton of positive feedback on them. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:45 PM

Default RE: EnduraSkin and layering question...

I almost forgot. Would it be wise to order one size up?
Old 10-04-2007, 10:13 AM

I have been using them for 3 years and in warm weather they work great. If you sweat when walking to your stand the enduraskin holds the moisture in and doesnt let the scent out. In cold weather is does good too for the same thing, it wont let the sweat make you cold. But you do need to layer up pretty heavy otherwise you WILL get cold. Good Luck
Old 10-21-2007, 11:18 PM

For those of you that have used Enduraskin, did you purchase a size larger than you normally wear? I'm not sure if I should get XL instead of L. Don't really feel like driving an hour just to confirm size. I wear a 36" in pants and wasn't sure if I should get the XL or the L(36-38")? Pretty sure I will be ordering the shirt in XL instead of L.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:11 PM

I purchased some recently and have been pleased with them. I've been out preping our lease lately. Working usually around 10-2pm and carrying corn and supplies around. The Endura skin has been excellent at wicking moisture away from my body. I sweat a lot and it's kept me cool and comfortable. I suspect the same will be true when it gets cold. I would probably layer over it when the temps (finally if they ever do down here in TX) drop below 50 degrees. The moisture wicking will help keep you warm with some light breatheable outerwear. BTW: I bought it one size bigger to keep it comfortable for me.