Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

$200,000+ for 3 Bucks

Old 09-30-2007, 06:31 PM
Host of Hosts

Default RE: $200,000+ for 3 Bucks

This lawyer does have PLENTY of money and has the worst reputation of any in our area for being a shiester, and I also heard today that the guy is eat up with cancer (maybe there really is justice in the world).

WOW! I can't believe I just read that. That is no way to be my friend, no matter how much you disagree with something or someone.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

When you place a dollar value on hunting you have lost what hunting is about.
And when you admit that you would bennefit from the same style of non hunting...well I can't say that here.But to wish ill health on another ,well you sir are an a$$.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:43 AM
Fork Horn

300+ ? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 10-01-2007, 06:55 AM
Typical Buck

To each his/her own...but it's in no way hunting if you pay to go shoot an animal in a fenced enclosure that may or may not be drugged at the time to make it easier for you to KILL it......................it was said before where or how would you ever kill those sized bucks otherwise, well WTF, if all you care about is antler sizeI don't think HUNTING is for you!
Old 10-01-2007, 07:00 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: retrieverman

I got an updated version of the story. It was 4 deer, not 3. The lawyer did kill a 300+" buck and also killed a 200+" buck himself, and his son did kill a 200+" buck. His hired hand's buck was ONLY 190+".

This lawyer does have PLENTY of money and has the worst reputation of any in our area for being a shiester, and I also heard today that the guy is eat up with cancer (maybe there really is justice in the world).

I don't have much money, nor can I actually imagine spending 200k on a deer hunt if I did have the money. If you've never been there, how could you know what you might do?

You might also consider that he could have spent the money gambling in Vegas, or bought 200k worth of oil paintings. Both equally worthless in my book, but some people like that stuff as much as you or I love hunting. His dream must have been to have a giant buck on the wall, and if he has/had cancer (something I wouldn't wish on anybody) and still had that dream, it must have been something he wanted to accomplish all his life but time seemed to be growing short for what we would consider to be normal methods, ie. what he mighthave tried to that point.

He probably has a lingering feeling of regret that he didn't take the buck on public land, or at least by what we call "fair chase methods" every time he looks at it on the wall, but it's there, and if it gives him a measure of satisfaction - fine.

Who's to say he's a crooked lawyer? I simply don't care to have that discussion. In law, it seems more often that not, the ends justifies the means,this isan unfortunate side effect of our freedoms in this country. Fact is, he's got the money and he can spend it any way he sees fit as long as it's legal.

I know of a guy who spent about a million bucks to have the nose cone of his older lear jet turned down, so it would look like a newer model.... Can you imagine having the kind of money to think like that? I also know of a woman with so much money that she had her 65K foundation tore out and replaced prior to building her 1mil+ vacation cabin because she felt (after much examination) that she would rather face the mountains by a few degrees further East.... Most of us will never afford a lear jet, or a ride on one just for fun in our lives, much less the latitude to second guess a 65,000 dollar decision, but some do, and they can pay us to do the work.