Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 2nd Annual Michigan Youth Hunt >

2nd Annual Michigan Youth Hunt

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

2nd Annual Michigan Youth Hunt

Old 09-29-2007, 07:13 AM
Fork Horn

Default 2nd Annual Michigan Youth Hunt

Old 09-29-2007, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 2nd Annual Michigan Youth Hunt

Awesome!

Glad to see Michigan's got a Youth Hunt, and that those teens were able to tag some nice bucks!

Congrats!!
Old 09-29-2007, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice BUCKS!!! The youth hunt has been around for more than 2 years though.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:25 AM
Fork Horn

http://www.realtree.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52840
Old 09-30-2007, 08:48 AM
Fork Horn

Letter from Keith:

First, I would like to say thank you for the opportunity to go hunting. The Youth Hunt was one of the best experiences I've ever had! I didn't have the equipment, know-how, location or the people to hunt with. Therefore, without you I would've never had the chance to experience something so incredible. I learned so much and had so much fun!
When I was sitting in the blind and saw that HUGE 5 point buck come out of the woods, my stomach dropped and I couldn't breathe! I was so excited and John was telling me I only had about ten seconds to take the shot. I didn't have a clear shot because the deer kept moving, and going behind trees. Finally, the deer was in a good position and I had my chance. It was the perfect shot, and with John's coaching, I took it! I hit the deer at about 100 yards and it ran right into the open field and stopped. When we got to the deer it was an enormous 5 point buck! This had to be the most exciting moment ever! After my great experience getting my first deer, we drove over to the fishin' hole in town with the deer tied to the top of our car! I was so proud.
The salmon fishing was a lot of fun! John taught me the art of salmon fishing, and I was getting good by the end of the weekend.
Ernie and John were both very welcoming to my family and I. Ernie was also very nice about letting us look around his taxidermy shop, which was really interesting. He has worked on so many different kinds of animals. That was an experience I would never get at home!
I can never thank both of you enough. I'm not done hunting - this was only the beginning! I will remember the Youth Hunt weekend for the rest of my life! Someday, I hope I can help someone the way you helped me.

Sincerely,
Keith[/align][/align]
Old 10-01-2007, 10:19 AM

Way to go, young 'uns!!! Congratulations!!!