Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

best trail camera

Old 09-27-2007, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default best trail camera

Finally got talked into purchasing a new trail camera but i know absolutly nothing about them what so ever! so any help would be GREATLY appreciated. please consider though i am a poor college kid so money is a bit of an issue for me. but if their is a particular one that is that great and should defenatly buy then i guess i can beg for an early christmas present! Once again any help would be GREATLY appreciated! thanks
Old 09-27-2007, 06:39 PM

Default RE: best trail camera

I too was talked into getting one so I did some resurch I got the moltire ispy60 http://www.moultriefeeders.com/productDetail.aspx?id=MFH-DGS-I60for Its...[*]Infrared camera with no visible white flash[*]6.0 Mega pixels[*]1.5” built-in picture and video viewer[*]Wireless Remote Activator and Finder[*]Rapid response time captures moving game[*]150-day battery life[*]50-ft flashPassword security feature[*]Easy-read photo strip[*]Barometric Pressure reading[*]Temperature, moon phase, time, date and camera ID on every photo and video[*]Color day pictures[*]Day and Night video clips[*]Laser and IR aim for quick and precise camera set-up[*]Time lapse mode[*]Multi-shot pictures (up to 3 shots)[*]Upgradeable software[*]Weather-resistant, airtight camera housing and seal[*]Operates on 6 D-cell batteries
cabelas has it for $300

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0046592417903a&type=product&cm Cat=search&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&No=20&noImage=0&Ntt=game+ camera&Ntk=Products&QueryText=game+camera& amp;Ntx=matchall&N=4887&Nty=1
Old 09-27-2007, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

thank you very much for the information! is it complicated to figure out? because there where several things that were listed their that i have no idea what they mean. and there as far as the numbers go, how good is that? like the 6.0 mega pixels, what does that mean, and is that a good number or is it lower than average?
Old 09-27-2007, 07:49 PM

the more mega pixels the better the pic, so when you get that perfect pic you can frame it. The Infrared camera with no visible white flash
wont spook the deer. but the most importan thing to me was the 1.5” built-in picture and video viewer so when you get the camera you can see what was walking by
Old 09-27-2007, 09:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

If price is a big consideration, I bought one of the Moultrie 4.0 megapixel Game Watcher cameras a few weeks ago. In 2 1/2 weeks I had about 470 pictures of about everything you will find in the woods that will eat corn. I was surprised at the quality of the pictures, and it is as easy as any I have ever seen to set up. About $98.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

cheap is always easy on my budget (hard to have budget when you have no money to your name) but i dont want to get something that i will regret buying because it didnt meet my expectations. i know what you pay for is what you get, plus im not the best with technology so the easier it is to work is a big plus as well!!!! thanks for all the help, i really appreciate it!!!!
Old 09-27-2007, 11:26 PM
Fork Horn

I've got 2 of the Moultrie 4.0 megapixel game watchers. They're extremely easy to use, take great pictures, and are a lot nicer to the pocket book than a lot of other cameras. Even has a vieo setting for taking video during the day if you'd like. I would definately reccomend this camera though. Good luck with your decision!
Old 09-28-2007, 12:40 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: SDarcher

I've got 2 of the Moultrie 4.0 megapixel game watchers. They're extremely easy to use, take great pictures, and are a lot nicer to the pocket book than a lot of other cameras. Even has a vieo setting for taking video during the day if you'd like. I would definately reccomend this camera though. Good luck with your decision!
I second that !I own 2 of the Moultrie D40's and am very happy with them. Best $95 per cam I've ever spent.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

like i have said before i have been looking on websites to get reviews, but i figured their is no group better to ask for the best camera than you guys! you have all given me something to look into! i really like the idea of a good camera that is easy to use and only cost $95! but i am definatley going to take a look at all of the recomended cameras, at cabelas, since they finnaly opened one right by where i use to live before i left for college. i head home the 5th so i will look at them there! i would like to thank all of you again for all of your help and advise!!!
Old 09-28-2007, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Everyone wants the "best" game camera, but very few are willing to pay for "THE BEST". It seems that most people are willing to settle the "the best" in a certain price range.

Quick Reply: best trail camera

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.