Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

best trail camera

Old 09-28-2007, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: best trail camera

trust me i want the best i just know their is no way a poor college kid can afford the best camera. so i have to subtle with the best camera in the certain price range. i would be more than willing to pay for the best camera if i had the money to do so, but the way it is now im going to have to start begging for money so i can buy a pizza.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I understand college students being on a budget. Been there done that. The $95 game cameras that are suggested should be sufficient, but they are definitely NOT the best.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

right now i understand that their is no way i can get the best but if im going to be pulling change out of couches to get enough money to buy a game camera i want to get the best one for what im going to pay. so once again i would like to thank all of you for all of your advice!
Old 09-28-2007, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

i use a Moultrie 3.1 and love it. i have no complaints with it and i was recently at Bass Pro and noticed they were selling them for $80. i bought mine for $170 earlier this year
Old 09-28-2007, 07:54 PM
Typical Buck

I have the 4.0 mp moultrie as well and I like it. I have also heard good things about the cheaper stealth cams but havent tried myself.
Old 09-29-2007, 01:04 PM

The Game Spy D-40 scouting camera features:
[ul][*]4.0 Mega pixels[*]Rapid response time captures moving game[*]60-day battery life[*]45-ft white flash ensures optimal, viewable shots[*]Color day and night pictures[*]Video clips during the day[*]Imprint time, date and camera ID on every photo or video[*]Laser and IR aim for quick and precise camera set-up[*]Multi-shot pictures (up to 3 shots)[*]Weather-resistant, airtight camera housing and seal[*]Operates on 6 D-cell batteries (sold separately)[/ul]
Old 09-29-2007, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

i would like to thank you all again for all of your advise! i am defenatley happy i asked for your guys opinion cause i was almost talked into purchasing a homemade job from a guy by my grandpas for 100$, but i would much rather pay that for a camera i know will function properly, plus i know that you guys have used them and they work! so once again i would like to thank you all for all of your advise!!!!
Old 09-30-2007, 03:34 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: SDarcher

I've got 2 of the Moultrie 4.0 megapixel game watchers. They're extremely easy to use, take great pictures, and are a lot nicer to the pocket book than a lot of other cameras. Even has a vieo setting for taking video during the day if you'd like. I would definately reccomend this camera though. Good luck with your decision!

Same one I have.Easy to use,and takes great pics.