Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer Attractants

Old 09-23-2007, 05:33 PM

Default Deer Attractants

i live in southwest washington, i was wondering if deer cane or c'mere deer, would help out our hunting sites a little better, i hunt back in some second growth timber that has some small creeks, dead stumps, dead logs and several game trails near by, the trails are traveled by both deer and elk, need some help on this, are these any good or do you guys have any other recomondations for me as far as attractants go?????
Old 09-23-2007, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Deer Attractants

i've heard good things about c'mere deer but i believe you have to put it on existing food. it's not a food source itself.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:21 AM

nobody have any other suggestions???? come on guys help a guy out here
Old 09-24-2007, 11:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

I suggest you save your money ....if you have to mix any type of "attractant" with a natural food source like corn then that should tell you something ....deer would come to corn or accorns if you mixed it with cow manuer .... its mostly a scam ...IMHO

dd

Old 09-24-2007, 09:26 PM

C'Mere Deer Takes time to train them just like Cain. But Buck Jam from your local Wal-Mart in the persimmon flavor will bring them in over and over. Check out the bottle on sight for only three days and they came for the next two weeks. Got two out of the four.

Old 09-24-2007, 10:36 PM
Typical Buck

C'mere Deer does work, just not as ridiculously easy as the infomercial leads you to believe. I put some out on a frequently traveled creek crossing ( i used the powder jug) and it was ignored for about 4 days. Then I went to hunt over it after 6 days and it was all gone and the sand it was on top of was dug out about 6" deep. That was this past Monday.

My conclusion is that they love it once they realize what it is. Establishing it as a regular feed site might be helpful.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:29 AM

thanks for the help guys i couldn't find any buck jam around my area, so i went with the cain, and some buck chow, i belive they are both made by evolved habitats, and this was a method that one of my buddys swears by, so im gonna give it a few days then go take a look, 4 sites, and one of them is in my parents front yard for thier pure amusment, they love it when the yard is full of deer and nobody can shoot them, so lets hope this **** works, like i have been told it does
Old 09-25-2007, 05:05 PM

Here is a link to the Buck Jam from Bass Pro in the apple.
BUCK JAM

Like I said, it works great. Look back at the picture. They loved it.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:22 AM

imo, if you use deer cane or c'more deer type products, you need to have thick, solid, THICK ground to put it on. for the minerals to be able to form, the contents you poor down dont need to seek into the ground. down here we have sand and clay so we came up with a nifty trick. we cut a tarp about 4x4ft and bury it maybe 4-6 inches in the ground. then we pour the cane on top. the tarp traps thecontents so they form high enough for the deer to notice and bury into. we find some of our tarps torn out a good 10ft away from the original spot because the deer keep tryin to digaround to get the crystals.good luck. hope this helps
Old 09-26-2007, 06:38 AM

I go to the tractor supply store, get a 50lb bag of stock salt, 50lbs of mineral salts and about about 10 bottles of apple jelly, mix it all up, pour in a bottle of syrup, and scoop it out into piles along doe trails.

Cost less than 30 bucks for over a 100lbs.....

I think it works pretty good

Quick Reply: Deer Attractants

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.