Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Plans for a permanent stand

Old 09-23-2007, 11:27 AM
Fork Horn

Default Plans for a permanent stand

I want to build a fixed stand on treated posts and I would appreciate any plans or ideas you have. I would like it to be enclosed with a roofand sliding or drop down windows. I was figuring on 6x6x6 dimensions.(and I want my kidsto stay warm!)
Old 09-23-2007, 02:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Plans for a permanent stand

if your not wontting to put it on a tree but on post just sext your post in concret about 2 feet deep then take a 2x8 or i would use a 2x10 and go around the post at the top and half way down for support Put a top plat in like on a house which is a any where from a 2x6 to a 2x10 that you lay on top and bolt to the post and 2x10 at the top then

build you a floor out of 2x6 or 2x8 just frame it like a wallboltit to the top plate and build your walls then build a roof i would justgo with a shed roof slant it to one side perferable not a side you plan to shoot from because of rain or do a pitch roof like on a house there easy to build just like a house

check to see how deep you need to set your post that depends on how high you wont it ask the guys at lowes or where ever your get your wood

make sur eyou have over hangs you do not wont water runing inat the roof and makesure your floor over hangs from the post and top platefor the same reason also look at useing slideing windows just cheap window for a house shed or trailer then your can remove the screen and slide the window open when you see a deer and that will help with heat loss and scent control and do not forget to insulat it and i woudltake caulking and great stuff and seal all the cracks real good for scent control good luck and let us know how it turns out also i have a 3d hoem planprogramm if you wont i can email it to you and you can do 3d blue prints let me know your self
Old 09-23-2007, 04:29 PM

Built these two off of these $10 plans. Easy to build, then take apart and transport to site. Put back together. Dear get used to it being there and I have had them bed downbeside them.
http://www.deerblindplans.com/index.html

Old 09-23-2007, 04:31 PM

Wifes box blind

Old 09-23-2007, 09:16 PM
Fork Horn

Looks good!

I'm just curious.Why does everyone Camo their Box Blinds? It isn't like the Deer don't know their there.

big rockpile
Old 09-23-2007, 09:40 PM

Main reason is trespassers who like to steal. Plus it does hide them pretty good to deer passing through. can you see it in the middle of the picture?

Old 09-23-2007, 09:46 PM

Plus I sit under themwhen hot and hunt. Makesa great turkey blind.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:50 AM

i found a huge rock on the property that i hunt on and we put a stand with 4 sides and a 3 shooting windows and a roof. You may also want to put a metal roof on your stand if you hunt an area with a lot of snow. Snow will damage a shingle roof as i found out the hard way. Good luck
Old 10-02-2007, 07:32 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the input. I plan on constructing my first one in the spring.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:43 AM

no problem good luck

Quick Reply: Plans for a permanent stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.