HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Plans for a permanent stand
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 02:03 PM
bigtim6656
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Plans for a permanent stand

if your not wontting to put it on a tree but on post just sext your post in concret about 2 feet deep then take a 2x8 or i would use a 2x10 and go around the post at the top and half way down for support Put a top plat in like on a house which is a any where from a 2x6 to a 2x10 that you lay on top and bolt to the post and 2x10 at the top then

build you a floor out of 2x6 or 2x8 just frame it like a wallboltit to the top plate and build your walls then build a roof i would justgo with a shed roof slant it to one side perferable not a side you plan to shoot from because of rain or do a pitch roof like on a house there easy to build just like a house

check to see how deep you need to set your post that depends on how high you wont it ask the guys at lowes or where ever your get your wood

make sur eyou have over hangs you do not wont water runing inat the roof and makesure your floor over hangs from the post and top platefor the same reason also look at useing slideing windows just cheap window for a house shed or trailer then your can remove the screen and slide the window open when you see a deer and that will help with heat loss and scent control and do not forget to insulat it and i woudltake caulking and great stuff and seal all the cracks real good for scent control good luck and let us know how it turns out also i have a 3d hoem planprogramm if you wont i can email it to you and you can do 3d blue prints let me know your self