Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Central Missouri Bowhunters?

Old 09-19-2007, 08:08 PM

Default Central Missouri Bowhunters?

Anyone bow hunting central Missouri? I need a good deer report.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:29 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Central Missouri Bowhunters?

I am but up until this year I have only hunted 1 spot. So I don't know what all is really out there. I grew up hunting in NE Kansas. I am now aroung the Lake of the Ozarks area. Where are you at?
Old 09-20-2007, 07:57 PM

Yeah, and from what Im seeing, they are still on summer feeding patterns,, fields, ponds etc. From my trail cam pics, they seem to be moving later and later in the evening, a couple weeks ago, I was getting lots of pics starting around 4:30 in the evening, and now its more like 6:30, and some in the morning. I think it may be more of a moon thing than pressure, as the deer on my place havent been pressured at all yet. Im still eeing lots of nice bucks hitting fields nearby right at dark, but road hunters and people watching them are making them more nervous. Where are you hunting. Ive seen some stuff localy about your Covert Orange.. Where you from? Welcome to the forums, nice to see more people from close by on here.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:04 AM
Typical Buck

I'm in semo and from what I've seen, feeding is the key right now. The drought here has limited some natural food sources, and they seem to be hitting anything green right now. I've also been seeing bucks traveling with/ in close proximity with does as well. I'm figuring it's more a product of the limited food sources than anything else.

GH
Old 09-21-2007, 07:51 AM

No deer here! Better off going to Illinois. Missouri has no deer[8D] JK

Last weekend the weather was cool, down in the 40's on saturday. I seen a lot of deer movement. Warmed back up this week= less deer movement. its still early, but it looks like things are shaping up to be a great season. I never start hunting around home until oct 15. There is just something wrong with sweating on the stand.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:25 AM
Fork Horn

Been seeing lots of Does and Fawns.Deer I've seen are in the fields middle of the day,eating on any green they can find.Pertty close to water.

Been awhile since seen one but seen a Bear today.

big rockpile
Old 09-21-2007, 09:53 PM

they live there
Old 09-24-2007, 12:11 PM

I'm in Rolla. I've been watching a couple of nice bucks when they hit the pond near my house. I haven't scouted much. Been too busy with Covert Orange business.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:11 PM

I'm in Rolla. I've been watching a couple of nice bucks when they hit the pond near my house. I haven't scouted much. Been too busy with Covert Orange business.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Seen some good movement in the early morning. Bucks are really nocturnal right now. Seen some good ones just not alot of time to pattern them before pre-rut. I'm about 1 hour East, southeast of KC MO.