Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Game Carts...

Old 08-27-2007, 06:19 AM

Default Game Carts...

I was looking at these things at Cabelas and thought they might come in handy. Not only for hauling deer, but corn, stands, etc. I just wanted to know if anyone uses these things and if so which one(s) they would recommend??
Old 08-27-2007, 06:38 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Game Carts...

I bought one last year and used it to haul out a buck. It was great once you got the buck on the cart. That was the big problem however. Since they pivot over the wheels it is very unstable until you get the deer tied down. Overall though it did help and was much easier than dragging. As far as hauling corn they are great. It has made my work load much smaller! I bought mine from bass pro shops for around $100 bucks and count it money well spent.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:27 AM
Typical Buck

Should be good for hauling moose quarters up cutlines as well.Lord knows I've carried enough of them on my back.Except for the eating part, the funs all over when they hit the ground.Harold
Old 08-27-2007, 08:07 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: adamsdad
It was great once you got the buck on the cart. That was the big problem however. Since they pivot over the wheels it is very unstable until you get the deer tied down.
Try tying the end of the game cart to a tree. It helps stop the cart from moving around. I buitl my own out of 1" conduit and mountian bike tires. It works great and it was cheap to make.

HH
Old 08-27-2007, 08:12 AM
Typical Buck

A cheap plastic/poly snow sled from WalMart works well too. I can't tell you how many deer I have hauled out of the woods with one. They go over logs, through mud and water and slide super easy over just about any type of ground cover. I like that they are small, light weight and do a really good job of keeping the deer up off the ground...preventing dirt, etc. from getting inside after field dressing.
I have never used one for hauling corn or stands, but don't see why it would not work for that.

Old 08-27-2007, 10:31 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Horizontal Hunter

ORIGINAL: adamsdad
It was great once you got the buck on the cart. That was the big problem however. Since they pivot over the wheels it is very unstable until you get the deer tied down.
Try tying the end of the game cart to a tree. It helps stop the cart from moving around. I buitl my own out of 1" conduit and mountian bike tires. It works great and it was cheap to make.

HH
Do you have a picture of your homemade cart? I would love to copy that if you don't mind.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:56 AM

I went to BassPro Shop the other day and they had one for $69 dollars. I wanted to get it, but I was already spending $450 dollars for Lifetime hunting/fishing license. Not a bad price, I didn't look at it too hard, so I don't know how it folded up and all the details of it.

Chad
Old 08-27-2007, 12:48 PM
Dominant Buck

I just got this one Friday:
Guide Gear Deer Cart

It was $54 plus shipping, I'm getting to old and fat to drag deer without help.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:52 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: mcouey
Do you have a picture of your homemade cart? I would love to copy that if you don't mind.
I don't have a digital camera so I can't get you a picture. But I did up a basic set of directions with a couple of drawings in a Word document that Iwould be happy to email you. I did them up for a fella on AT. When I try to pm them thedrawings get lost.

The cart is abolt together job you just need to have access to some pipe benders. The overall dimensions are 80" L X 32" wide with 12 1/2 " of ground clearance.

HH
Old 08-28-2007, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have been using one for about ten years now. I load my back pack, coats, gun, and anything else I don't want to carry, on it and wheel everything to my stand. If I get a deer, I load it on first, and then put everything else on top. I secure everything with bungee cords and stroll back to the truck. They are great...especially if you hunt alone or are getting older.

Quick Reply: Game Carts...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.