Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Game Carts...

Old 08-28-2007, 02:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Game Carts...

Our gang, 4 of us, uses a modified aluminum hand truck. Since we hunt off of what they call a hunter walking trail, we still need to get the deer to the trail, hopefully only a hundred yards at the most, then we put the deer on the hand truck that has a 2' x 4' sheet of plywood on it. The cart has the large 10" pneumatic tires to go over rough terrain when it needs to, and the plywood has hooks for bungy cords. One of our guys is about 1 mile back in from the trucks, we still need to go get the cart, but it is a lot easier doing that that trying to drag the deer out. We are all getting too old for that stuff !!!!
Old 08-28-2007, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Got one from Cabelas, aside from my bow or gun & treestand it's the next best thing I own. It has solid, large wheels....rolls over everything including downed trees...it's easy to load,you just tilt it down & pull the deer up into position. Don't have to tie the deer on....deers weight is distributed right over the wheels and balanced nicely........and it folds up & fits into the back of my suv.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:08 AM
Typical Buck

Here is the cart I made from 1/2 emt conduit and 20" tire/wheels from Northern Tool and Equipment. I used pipe insulation around it to make it really quite when pulling it through the woods.

Old 08-29-2007, 07:18 PM

Anyone have this one.....

Cabela's Magnum Game Carrier
Old 08-29-2007, 08:17 PM

I've read quite a few forum posts, reviews, etc. on the web regarding the Cabelas carts..some of them not so good.

However, the Super Mag Hauler has the best reviews that I've read. Sure, it costs more, but with the double wheels it will go through most ground types (mud) better than the others--the single wheels will bog down in soft soils.

Just don't do like I did and get a solid frame hauler. Get one that folds.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:51 AM

i made this one.it can foldand turn into back pack. or hook to my bike as seen here

Old 08-30-2007, 02:14 PM

Nice fat tires...should work really well when it's wet!
Old 08-30-2007, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

i bought mine from Bass Pro and love it. great for hauling deer out and gear in and out. where i hunt we can't use ANY motorized vehicles so i have to huff it over 1 mile each way. so i use my cart to carry my stand, back pack, etc.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:39 AM
Fork Horn

I have the back-packable one from Cabelas. The first one I used had wheels with molded plastic spokes, and it didn't get more than 100 yards with a medium sized buck on it before one of the wheels broke off. Needless to say I was a little unhappy, and after dragging the deer and cart/sled the next mile and a half out of the woods I had composed quite the letter to Cabelas! So, when I got home, I called all ready to "go off" and needless to say, there was no opportunity to get mad. They had a new game cartto me in a couple of days, and a big yellow sticker on the box said "NEW! HEAVY DUTY WHEELS" which are spoked like bicycle wheels. Haven't had a problem since - hauling stuff in or out of the woods.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:51 PM
Spike

I have been looking at them also far more than I did 10 years ago.

David

Quick Reply: Game Carts...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.